New Expat Bangkokian In Urgent Need To Watch Premiership Footy...

Hi there,

I have just moved to Bangkok and live near Minburi (east bangkok). Can anyone recommend a pub/bar nearby where I can watch my beloved Spurs make the top five this year? :)

Cheers,

HTGR

Sorry do not know any pubs in Minburi, how about Ram Intra road. If not why not try and download using torrents "Match of the Day" is always available

Hi there,

I have just moved to Bangkok and live near Minburi (east bangkok). Can anyone recommend a pub/bar nearby where I can watch my beloved Spurs make the top five this year? :)

Cheers,

HTGR

Sorry do not know any pubs in Minburi, how about Ram Intra road. If not why not try and download using torrents "Match of the Day" is always available

Hi Beano, thanks for the quick response. Yeah, I use Footytube to watch highlights (best site on the net for that I reckon!) but would prefer to watch the games live if they are on before closing time...is there somewhere specific on Ram Intra road? I don't mind trekking into Sukhumvit, I've heard there are a few decent places there...

there are many places on Ram Intra, also an American Rib place, that might have a TV.

Also Kaset Navamin is very popular.

I download the footie and watch the next day.

cheers Beano, I'll check it out.

if you want to watch Sp*rs getting into the top 5 your best bet is to find somewhere that shows re-runs of when Martin Jol was there :-P

there are many places on Ram Intra, also an American Rib place, that might have a TV.

Also Kaset Navamin is very popular.

I download the footie and watch the next day.

cheers Beano, I'll check it out.

if you want to watch Sp*rs getting into the top 5 your best bet is to find somewhere that shows re-runs of when Martin Jol was there :-P

Ooh, I don't know - we seem pretty strong this season (but I think I said that last year and the year before...).

Dont know where you live near to Minburi.

Your best option may be to get the canal boat from Wat Sriboonruang to Sukhumvit soi 3, cost 16 baht and takes about 30 minutes to get to Sukhumvit.

For a non smoking bar with decent food try The Big Mango bar on Suk soi 4, round the corner from Jools.

For a smoking bar with decent food try the Soi 8 bar on Suk soi 8.

Taxi home via Petchaburi rd, Praram 9 and Ramkhaemheng rd to Minburi should be about 120-150 baht depending on where you live and take about 30-40 minutes.