Silent Coup Just A Rumour

george

Suthep: Silent coup just a rumour

BANGKOK: -- The army would not stage a silent coup as rumoured, Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban said.

"I've been working with army officials for the past seven to eight months and I believe they are not plotting a coup. The people who spread this rumour should be responsible for what they said," Mr Suthep said on Monday.

"The army officials I know follow the democratic system and they are not looking for more power," he added.

Mr Suthep also rejected opposition Puea Thai MP Pracha Prasopdee's comment that there would be a major political change in the next three months.

He said there was no need for the government to set up a war room to monitor the activities of the red-shirt United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD).

The red-shirts will submit the petition seeking a royal pardon for fugtive ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra to the Office of His Majesty's Principal Private Secretary on Monday.

"We should not underestimate the situation but we should not be too apprehensive either," he said.

There had not been reports about a "third hand" who might attempt to incite unrest during the UDD mass rally at Sanam Luang.

Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwon also believed no violence would erupt during the rally, and shot down the rumour that the army would stage a silent coup.

The police were responsible for overseeing security while the army would be ready to reinforce them if requested, he said.

Gen Prawit said he did not meet Bhumjaithai de facto leader Newin Chidchob while he was on an official trip to Singapore last week.

The Supreme Court will deliver a verdict on the 1.44 billion-baht rubber sapling procurement project supervised by Mr Newin during the Thaksin administration six years ago.

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-08-17

I kinda doubt anyone planning a coup is going to mouth off about it too much. Just the odd rumour seeping out.

It seems most think there wont be a coup of any kind now. Guess there could always be an accident though.

Normally when they say there might be coup there is none.

So maybe the spread the rumor of a coup, so everyone is thinking there is no coup but in fact they make one?

Double game?

So the Tanks i just saw rolling down Sukhumvit are only on a training mission then? :D

I don't believe you! Monday can't be a coup, because the tanks would be stuck in the traffic jam.....

:):D

So the Tanks i just saw rolling down Sukhumvit are only on a training mission then? :)

I don't believe you! Monday can't be a coup, because the tanks would be stuck in the traffic jam.....

dam_n, ive been caught out - hehe

Ok ok, i admit, they were not tanks, but in fact Elephants painted grey!

So the Tanks i just saw rolling down Sukhumvit are only on a training mission then? :D

It was meant as joke, but really serious how can you do a coup if you can't move and take the key positions because all is full with cars.

Perhaps it's just me, but isnt it kinda hard to have a silent coup while being quoted in the breaking news section of a newspaper?

Or is it one of those, nudge nudge wink wink say no more kinda silent coups?

it was so silent that in fact, it has already occurred.

Those in the know have already read (not heard, because hearing would imply that it wasn't silent) that a group of rogue robots from the future wearing those very very thin shoes that emit almost no sound while walking, have already assisinated the entire cabinet and replaced them with robots.

And that one of the robots, is a man's body, but is actually a lesbian robot.

And that the robots are now intending to wage war with any non robots, to make listening to Devo every morning mandatory and to insist that all foreigners walking to work must do so using the 'robot' dance step.

It is a brutal, brutal tyrant's way to rule, and one can only hope that the robots will give in to their lesbian desires and make robot love, not robot wars.

But on a more serious side, I would just point out: does she go know what I mean?

Perhaps it's just me, but isnt it kinda hard to have a silent coup while being quoted in the breaking news section of a newspaper?

Those in the know have already read (not heard, because hearing would imply that it wasn't silent) that a group of rogue robots from the future wearing those very very thin shoes that emit almost no sound while walking, have already assisinated the entire cabinet and replaced them with robots.

And that the robots are now intending to wage war with any non robots, to make listening to Devo every morning mandatory and to insist that all foreigners walking to work must do so using the 'robot' dance step.

It is a brutal, brutal tyrant's way to rule, and one can only hope that the robots will give in to their lesbian desires and make robot love, not robot wars.

But on a more serious side, I would just point out: does she go know what I mean?

well she does like photography - candy photography - if you know what I mean.

At least if they're Devo fans they can't be too bad.

At least if they're Devo fans they can't be too bad.

And a lesbian as well.

Honestly, 9 out of every 10 lesbian robots are ok, so the odds are in our favour.

Anyone wanting a bit of robot on robot action can call these sex line numbers:

0900 r*b*t

I'm cl&*ning the house

0900 s*x r*bot

You can prog&*m me to do r*b*t stuff

0900 lesb&*n r*bot

W*tch me w&th another r*b*t

I know that I have given a few gravy strokes today as a result of that last one. HOT HOT HOT.

chest of drawers BKK James?

Just a few days before the last coup it was announced in our village near a military base that the gun fire they are hearing is only a drill.  They did fire a little of everything they had and could feel the big guns and a few days later we had a coup.  If said announcement is heard again I will let you know.   :)  One if by land, two if by sea.

So the Tanks i just saw rolling down Sukhumvit are only on a training mission then? :)

I'm pretty sure tanks could get through or over any amount of traffic you threw at them. (But I know we're all joking here.)

I'm pretty sure tanks could get through or over any amount of traffic you threw at them. (But I know we're all joking here.)

You sure?Most Tanks in the Royal Thai Army are no match for a big pick-up.(joking too)

On the other side, for urban warfare,a tank isn't the best option! :)

You sure?Most Tanks in the Royal Thai Army are no match for a big pick-up.(joking too)

My father saw the tanks at last coup on the TV, he knew the tanks from his time at army.

He is 68 and he was at 18 at the army.....

no question a tank can go over cars, but at what speed?

And I doubt it will win the hearts of the people....

Tank are execellent for urban warfare, when combined with infantry. Infantry for house clearing and protecting the tanks and the tanks for blowing holes through walls, taking out fortified positions and providing cover. Most Thai Tanks are pretty ancientl, M48s, no fire control system and have to stop to fire.

My father saw the tanks at last coup on the TV, he knew the tanks from his time at army.

M48 Pattons, the MBT before the M60 which was the MBT before the current M1A1.

M48A5 version to be exact, with 105mm gun.

M48A5 version to be exact, with 105mm gun.

Does the M48A5 refer to the year they were designed? 1948??? That sounds a bit too old or?

Aren't they grey in the first place? :)

These were perhaps stealth-elephants, painted black to enable them to sneak into Bankok's tourist-areas at night, without being spotted by the BiBs en-route ? Which explains the lack of lights on them ? :D

These were perhaps stealth-elephants, painted black to enable them to sneak into Bankok's tourist-areas at night, without being spotted by the BiBs en-route ? Which explains the lack of lights on them ? :D

Painted black they would be mistaken for other cops, all fat generals.