Bangkok To Udon Thani

STEALTH K3

The plane takes an hour, bus takes several hours. Thai Air Asia, no-frills low cost carrier, has one or two flights daily. They advertise on their web site that fares start at 299 baht each way, plus taxes and fees. You can pay same-day at the airport, but would no doubt have to pay considerably more.

AIR ASIA WEB SITE

• 2 weeks later...

I went last month from Bangers to Udon Thani.Got the bus from Morchit bus terminal at 1230pm for 250 baht.Arrived at Udon thani at 930pm.

Airlines only take one hour, www.airasia.com

www.tigerair.com

www.nokair.com

Try the bus trip,the bus had only a fan in it so was hot but i remember travelling on a A/COND bus and had food given to us on a bus trip last year so im not sure if their is different classes in bus trips,does anyone know about buses and if theres first class,second etc?

Next time i will try to find a bus with A/cond.

Plane is the way to go. Thai Air or Nok. The top price would be about 1,500 baht vs 300 ac bus and 500 train. If you're already worried about 1000 bht extra for flying then maybe you should work a little longer and be able to enjoy a real holiday.

Dont fly with airaisa, ive been on that route with them 3 times in the last 6 months and each time in both directions they were over an hour late.

On all occasions the Nok flight actually set off before the airasia one, even though they are scheduled to leave 30min to 1 hour later :o

Whats the best way to get ther bus plane or train how much and how often are the flights and can you pay for the flights at the airport

I can no longer think of any good reason for going to Udon Thani. Lovely City..probably one of the nicest in Issan...and in those days of yore lovely wide mouthed, long legged Phu Thai girls from Sawaeng and Phon Pisai...!! Couldn't understand a word they said..except when they said it was too dangerous to stay in their homes.... Airport doubles up as Airforce Base...just like 30 years ago...Depends whether you want speed or fun...Bus is good fun...Thais sleep oin the luggage racks above..last time I went on a bus took 36 hours..mainly because

a. Bus broke down and driver took 12 hours to mend and

b. Passengers had wandered off over several kilos in search of food and could not be found...

In a hurry? Take the Thai dawn plane! Don't stop take the Minibus to Nongkhai/Laos

In a hurry? Take the Thai dawn plane! Don't stop take the Minibus to Nongkhai/Laos

Probably a better idea to fly direct to Vientiene :D

I think that most of the travel options have been covered Air direct 1 hour Air Asia, Thai Airways, Nok Air prop job I believe. Bus yes several different classes air cond with lay back seat and food was good, train sleeper 1000 baht 12 hours.

Hitch Hike many 10 wheel trucks, be game take your life in your hands leave your wallet with me in case of no return.

Accomodation in Udon Aussie Bar Justin & May 400 baht a night, Karin Hotel hotel 400 baht a night, Top Mansion 290 baht only three months old very clean beds hard walking distance from night markets beer hall and Robinsons complex. There is also City lodge starting at about 500/600 with nice bakery first floor for breakfast open 7.30/8.00, Justin & May Aussie Pub big Breaky 130 baht good value open 10.30am, and a little coffee shop bacon & eggs etc 80 baht opens 8.30am opposite Robinson Complex. There is also a Thai Buffet near Mr Tongs 50 baht all you can eat very popular.

I am not on any of these establishments kicki back register just visited Udon a bit lately hope it helps.

Mijan24 :o

Edited by mijan24