Best Shop In Mbk To Buy A Phone?

mitebbots

They are all the same IMO. Basic english is spoken and prices are pretty much the same in all shops. Ask around and you might get few hundred baht down depending on the phone.

Networks are still GPRS / EDGE so no real benefit to get 3G phone. AIS unlimited data package is 999+VAT per month. If you use a lot might be worth the money.

• 3 weeks later...
Hopefully some English spoken. Also wondering about internet with my 1-2-call service tethered to my laptop. Is it still 1 baht a minute? with the newer phone i will get better than 14.4 baud? :)

Probably the IT Mall next to the Fortune Hotel on Ratchadapidasek (sp?) is a better place to go. I have experienced problems (switched phone parts and even entire phones) and heard stories about MBK. They put batteries in new phones that only last about a week and then will not warranty the battery. They want to sell you the original battery back. A gf had Thai added to her Nokia and when she picked it up she got a different phone. Different contacts on the phone and strange messages. My gf took a Motorola in to have something simple done for her son's phone. It took them a long time to do this maintenance (not in her presence) and when she got it back they told her it had gotten wet, probably through sweat, and they couldn't fix it. I think that they switched internals. I don't trust those people.

zen