Travel Agents

huahin

:) I;ve been told that there are no travel agents in Nakhon Sawan. To be doubly sure I'm asking again, "any Travel agents in NS"?????

The reason I ask is because I need to buy a one way ticket to Australia. I've read here on the forum that there is a "Thai Airways" office in Pitsanulok but I,ve read they charge like "wounded bulls", I was told to buy from a travel agent at a cheaper price. Any travel agents in Pitsanulok or provinces close by???? I've been told to buy over the internet but unfortunately I'm not one of those people that carry computers in my back pocket or that much "computer savvy"

The next best thing is to go to BKK which will be a pain in the bum.

Can any body offer any advice. :D

:) I;ve been told that there are no travel agents in Nakhon Sawan. To be doubly sure I'm asking again, "any Travel agents in NS"?????

The reason I ask is because I need to buy a one way ticket to Australia. I've read here on the forum that there is a "Thai Airways" office in Pitsanulok but I,ve read they charge like "wounded bulls", I was told to buy from a travel agent at a cheaper price. Any travel agents in Pitsanulok or provinces close by???? I've been told to buy over the internet but unfortunately I'm not one of those people that carry computers in my back pocket or that much "computer savvy"

NakhonSawan is a relatively big town and there must be PLENTY of travel agents.....

I wonder if you live in town or in a small village around there..... just walk around the main roads and I am sure you will come accross one..... or ask locals......

on the other hand, ALL one-way tickets on big carriers such as ThaiAirways are EXTREMELY expensive, as there are usually never any promotion fares and you will have to pay the "published rate", which for a one-way-ticket in economy can be as high as a discounted return-ticket in business class.

and most travel-agents won't be very much eager to sell a ticket on a budget-carrier, as they don't pay any commission.

if you are not so internet-savvy, try to find a friend to assist you. it's rather unlikely that you can find a reasonably-priced one-way fare to Australia if not using the internet.

those are your options:

Air Asia - Flying into KL from BKK and then continuing on AirAsiaX to either Perth, Melbourne or GoldCoast. (but you need to go through immigration in KL, so this itinerary requires AT LEAST 3 hours transit time)

JetStar - Non-stop from BKK to Melbourne (3 times a week), and their one-way-fares are reasonable (for example, on the 22nd of Sept. u could fly for less than 9.000 THB one-way)

Tiger - via Singapore, then on to Perth, which would cost you around 9.000 THB incl. baggage fee, and - as Tiger offers that as a direct connection on their website, you would probably NOT have to go through immigration in Singapore but remain in the transit area).

As you are able to use this forum, you have at least a certain knowledge to browse the web, so check the fares for your desired travel-date yourself, write it down, and take it to a local travel agent. for a fee, they may be willing to book a ticket on a budget-carrier for you. as I have mentioned earlier, all one-way-tickets on legacy carriers are usually ridiculously expensive.

another way to book is to contact the call-center of the above mentioned airlines (numbers can be found on their respective websites). they can book for you through the phone, but of course you will need to have a valid credit card to do this.

NakhonSawan is a relatively big town and there must be PLENTY of travel agents.....

I wonder if you live in town or in a small village around there..... just walk around the main roads and I am sure you will come accross one..... or ask locals......

I have never seen travel agent in Nakhon Sawan and I have walked quite a lot there

I have never seen travel agent in Nakhon Sawan and I have walked quite a lot there

that would be the first city of its size having not a single travel agent. maybe not just visible for the average Farang.....

places to search for one or inquire further: local long-distance-Bus-station, around Fairyland-Plaza, asking at the reception of bigger hotels (Pimarn, Him Palace).

or ask the Farang owner of the SUMATHO HOUSE at www.sumatho.com (no idea if it still exists, though)

if nothing helps, call those airlines I listed earlier....

that would be the first city of its size having not a single travel agent. maybe not just visible for the average Farang.....

places to search for one or inquire further: local long-distance-Bus-station, around Fairyland-Plaza, asking at the reception of bigger hotels (Pimarn, Him Palace).

or ask the Farang owner of the SUMATHO HOUSE at www.sumatho.com (no idea if it still exists, though)

if nothing helps, call those airlines I listed earlier....

Thanks guys, yes big town but still a long way behind, I should have bought a return in the first place.

I can confirm there used to be a Travel Agents in NS but it closed down last year due to lack of customers and it has not been replaced.

I know some think NS is a big place but in reality it is quite small. Yes, there is a BigC and a Tesco Lotus and several other supermarkets but if you discount the small villages on the outskirts there is not much to NS in size.

Any luck as yet? If not, suggest you contact these folks:

GREEN TRAVEL CO., LTD.

119 BIS BUILDING,3RD FL.,ROOM 3E15

MAHESAK ROAD,SURIYAWONG,BANGRAK

BANGKOK 10500

TEL : 02-635-9201-3 U

FAX : 02-235-9203

[email protected]

Email to Khun Mike.

I've used them for a number of trips to the U.S. over the last 10 years, most recently a round trip last month. I pay via ATM transfer, and if there's an actual paper ticket involved, they EMS it to me. This last trip it was an "E" ticket so I just printed it out to had over to the check-in folks at Swampy, worked fine all the way along.

Mac