Child Passport

Chan_inbangkok

We would like to take our daughters back to UK for holiday in October and they both need new uk passport. I have some questions below... help appriciate !

1. Is it compusary to have a biometric passport now in uk? I just don't know what form to fill in , C2 FORM or BMO FORM ??

2. How do I get their photographs certified? We live in Thailand. Do I have to send the forms and my daughter's photos back to uk to be certified? By who ? since all my GP probable have moved on. I don't know many people in UK these day.

3. Would it be possible to get photopraphs certified by their Thai doctor in bkk?

Any one have applied for passort for their children lately please help.

By the way my 5 years old has UK passport which will expire in December 2009. Is it ok to use it since she going back to her homeland. We will travel with AIR ASIA.

Many Thanks

Chan

Last year I was asked to certify the photo of one of my students, who was the same age as your daughter. It was accepted by the British consulate / embassy. I am an EU citizen. I had to sign a form, fill in my passport number, and declare how long I had known the child. I had to write something like "This is the true image of X.Y." on the back of his photos.

HTH.

Edited by Firelily