How Read This Vin Number - "mncls32885w408738"?

famil

Hi,

Could anybody help me to read this VIN number - "MNCLS32885W408738" ? A week ago I bought Ford Ranger which made in Thailand. I don’t know how to read VIN number because of VIN I can’t fix the problems.

Thank you in advance.

Vin numbers are unique to your car and give manufacturer, country of manufacture, year of manufacture, model, major options and usually the engine number of the vehicle, which are the last 7 or 8 alpha-numeric characters. That's all I know! Using the Vin number you can check with car company customer relations if it left the factory as you see it today, and check the motor registry and insurance records to see what your car has been up to since it left the factory.

If you check with the car company your going to get exactly what you need!

What do you mean, "Read". Like to figure out what year, make, model, country etc.? What problem are you trying to fix.

And VIN number = Vehicle Identification Number number. lol. It's like saying ATM Machine. :) Sorry, I had to.

Edited by Scubabuddha

Hi,

Could anybody help me to read this VIN number - "MNCLS32885W408738" ? A week ago I bought Ford Ranger which made in Thailand. I don't know how to read VIN number because of VIN I can't fix the problems.

Thank you in advance.

what are you looking for?

10th digit says year 2005

Famil...... What problems do you have?

Hello guys,

Why I need VIN number? Because when I went to the service to check problems of my car they asked VIN number and when they entered VIN they said it’s not correct. Why incorrect? I know because of my car made in Thailand but at the service they had software for Germany or US Ford cars. And have mind the VIN number give not only manufacturer, country of manufacture, year of manufacture, model, it gives everything. Problems are: spark plugs are not working I can’t find them in my country I have to order them from another country and when I ordered they also asked VIN. Also ABS light always ON. I have no manual book etc.

thank you

Ok you mean the 'glow plugs'. I think you have the 2.5 diesel (turbo). The ABS light always on could mean the Brake pads or the abs sensor need replacing. All of these things can be brought from Ebay if you can not find in Azerbaijan.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-Ranger-2-5Di-Di...id=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00-01-02...sQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-Ranger-2-5D-2WD...id=p3286.c0.m14

Also the VIN is on the front chassis behind the wheel on the drivers side (right hand drive)

Ebay is coooool

Edited by thaicbr

Ok you mean the 'glow plugs'. I think you have the 2.5 diesel (turbo). The ABS light always on could mean the Brake pads or the abs sensor need replacing. All of these things can be brought from Ebay if you can not find in Azerbaijan.

Also the VIN is on the front chassis behind the wheel on the drivers side (right hand drive)

Ebay is coooool

2.9 engine, 4 cilindr and diesel but no turbo,

Thank you