Where Are The Petrol Stations?

L&J

:) - No one I've asked has come up with an answer for this question. Drive on the Middle Ring (or 1st Ring Road if you don't count the Superhighway) from the City Hall along the Maejo Road all the way to the Hang Dong Road (25 KMs) and you

will find restaurants, bars, shopping centers, a multitude of businesses, plenty of wide open space but you will not find a single petrol station-why?

Have thought that for some reason the government had zoned out petrol stations on the road, but since nothing else ever gets zoned out anywhere else that seemed unlikely. With the amount of traffic on that road it is inconceivable to me that there is no market/demand for at least one petrol station on that length of highway.

:D - No one I've asked has come up with an answer for this question. Drive on the Middle Ring (or 1st Ring Road if you don't count the Superhighway) from the City Hall along the Maejo Road all the way to the Hang Dong Road (25 KMs) and you

will find restaurants, bars, shopping centers, a multitude of businesses, plenty of wide open space but you will not find a single petrol station-why?

Have thought that for some reason the government had zoned out petrol stations on the road, but since nothing else ever gets zoned out anywhere else that seemed unlikely. With the amount of traffic on that road it is inconceivable to me that there is no market/demand for at least one petrol station on that length of highway.

I could tell you where there are dozens of gas stations but perhaps directions to an optometrist might be more appropriate :)

There are gas stations everywhere. I suggest you get off the ring road that you mention and just look.

I mean looking for a gas (petrol) station is hardly like looking for a needle in a haystack is it ??

:) - No one I've asked has come up with an answer for this question. Drive on the Middle Ring (or 1st Ring Road if you don't count the Superhighway) from the City Hall along the Maejo Road all the way to the Hang Dong Road (25 KMs) and you

Huh? This is a joke is it not? Indeed a visit to the optometrist may be in order.

Huh? This is a joke is it not? Indeed a visit to the optometrist may be in order.

I don't recall seeing any on the two new ring roads either. Many are close by but on the in/out bound roads.

:) -this was a request for opinions but was absolutely certain that it would get a few

responses from people who can't read or choose not to read before they make asses out of themselves.

As has been pointed out there are no petrol stations on the road, if you want to get off the road you

can find them :D -think we all knew that? However the core question still doesn't have an answer.

In response to the secondary observation- no petrol stations inside the moat?- thinking there might be

some restriction on the size of delivery vehicles which makes it too much trouble to stock a station in that area.

Question is still looking for some explanation. Thanks-

:) -this was a request for opinions but was absolutely certain that it would get a few

responses from people who can't read or choose not to read before they make asses out of themselves.

As has been pointed out there are no petrol stations on the road, if you want to get off the road you

can find them :D -think we all knew that? However the core question still doesn't have an answer.

In response to the secondary observation- no petrol stations inside the moat?- thinking there might be

some restriction on the size of delivery vehicles which makes it too much trouble to stock a station in that area.

Explanations about what ? why there are no gas stations where you think they should be ?

Just go to the optometrist, get new spectacles and you will see the gas stations.

Stupid questions get blunt answers. Do you want a gas station next to your house ??

The simple answer is open one yourself.

Fact's are fact's, do you want to fix the problem (where to get gas) or ask stupid questions as to why there is not one on this stretch of road.

Shyt man what are you wanting ?? :D:D

Edited by john b good

Explanations about what ? why there are no gas stations where you think they should be ?

Just go to the optometrist, get new spectacles and you will see the gas stations.

Stupid questions get blunt answers. Do you want a gas station next to your house ??

The simple answer is open one yourself.

Fact's are fact's, do you want to fix the problem (where to get gas) or ask stupid questions as to why there is not one on this stretch of road.

Shyt man what are you wanting ?? :D:D

I concur again with john b good. Furthermore, if you can't find the gas stations "inside the moat", then you really do need new glasses. Offhand I can think of 4 of them and I'm sure there are more than that.

Speaking of that ring road that has all those underpasses, no traffic lights, no petrol - what the heck is its number? No posted highway number. The superhighway is route 11, the full outer ring road is 121.

No petrol stations inside the moat, I'm told.

My GPS map shows it as "Chaing Mai 3029 Rural Road". No highway number.

I think the OP has a legitimate question (at least no less so than many posts). Why are there not any petrol stations on the ring roads? I have also been curious myself.

Yes, I can find it other places, but it is just a curiosity. :) (been to the optometrist) :D .

:) Guess I shouldn't be amazed how SIMPLE some people are. Surmise that when your

whole life is related to stupid responses to any question posed that you get this type of reactions.

They say that ignorance is bliss, but in their case ignorance is pathetic hostility.

Please save me from ever having to actual meet these fools or ever bother responding to them again. :D

I concur again with john b good. Furthermore, if you can't find the gas stations "inside the moat", then you really do need new glasses. Offhand I can think of 4 of them and I'm sure there are more than that.

I must need glasses - I can't think of any! Where are they elektrified?

Well there is the old Q8 as you approach Suan Prung Hospital, the is another a couple of doors past DK Books On Kotchasan, there are several on the Chiang Mai - Lumphun road, there are several on Charoen Muang road, there is one on the superhighway before you get to Makro, there is another just as you enter Big C, there is one on Huey Kaew just past Gad Suan Kaew, and there are dozens if not hundreds more all within a few km's of Chiang Mai inner city.

I won't comment again about glasses but I do have some reservations in respect of your eyesight. :)

Edited by john b good

You're right Scrubber - I think elektrified is getting carried away. There aren't any gas stations inside the moat since the local council 'shut them all down' a few years ago for safety reasons.

JBG - all those you listed are outside the moat :)

You're right Scrubber - I think elektrified is getting carried away. There aren't any gas stations inside the moat since the local council 'shut them all down' a few years ago for safety reasons.

JBG - all those you listed are outside the moat :D

Well I guess we are being very technical of the definition of inside the moat. The ones I had in mind were the ones across the street from the water or perhaps "on the moat", like the ones next to DK Book Store, next to Wat Lok Moli, and the one next to Suan Prung Hospital, etc. So technically they are not inside the moat, but on the moat. Forgive me. :)

Well I guess we are being very technical of the definition of inside the moat. The ones I had in mind were the ones across the street from the water or perhaps "on the moat", like the ones next to DK Book Store, next to Wat Lok Moli, and the one next to Suan Prung Hospital, etc. So technically they are not inside the moat, but on the moat. Forgive me. :D

All is forgiven :)

To the best of my knowledge there are now none inside the moat so the answer to you question is YES.

But there are literly hundreds outside both in town and the raods leading out of it.

For example I have lost count of those on the raod from the superhighway to Chiang Rai.

Still comes back to the optics I believe.

Not sure but Neinke is sure to know whether one can get a Basset Hound seeing eye dog that will recognise the smell of benzine, petrol, deisel etc. The I guess that it will all come back to whether the car driver licencing department will issue a drivers licence to a blind man :)

Edited by john b good

Eastbound from the airport, no petrol after the superhighway, on 1317 past San Kamphaeng. Is there a Saint Camping? :)

Coming from Mae On toward CM on 1317, just past the road to Lanna Airport there is a station on the left. I've had to fill up there with a bone dry tank coming out of Mae Kampong mountains.

Eastbound from the airport, no petrol after the superhighway, on 1317 past San Kamphaeng. Is there a Saint Camping? :)

Coming from Mae On toward CM on 1317, just past the road to Lanna Airport there is a station on the left. I've had to fill up there with a bone dry tank coming out of Mae Kampong mountains.

T Dog, the only petrol station I can find on 1317 east of San Camping is maybe 15 km from my house. I could take spur 1317 into Sank. if I was empty.

I suspect that petrol out in the boondocks is thin on the ground. MHSon road has a hand-cranked pump, like in West Texas, 1930.

T Dog, the only petrol station I can find on 1317 east of San Camping is maybe 15 km from my house. I could take spur 1317 into Sank. if I was empty.

I suspect that petrol out in the boondocks is thin on the ground. MHSon road has a hand-cranked pump, like in West Texas, 1930.

didnt realise you were that old PB :D

didnt realise you were that old PB :D

Oh Donny Doy, the pipes are calling.

I'm so old that my Latin teacher had carnal knowledge of Julius Caesar.

I can't remember seeing any petrol station on both ring roads (3029 and 121). There are here and there some gas stations though. For example one close to Global house. There are several petrol stations on the roads that cross the ring roads, but still not ON the ringroads.

Why this is? I haven't a clue.

Caeser says.... Head toward Mae On from your place. Just before the road to Lanna Airport, you will see a station on the right side set back from the road about a 100 meters. It's a real one with underground tanks. I don't think that is more than 6-8 km from your place. Friendly service too.

Actually, since you raised that issue PB, I would bet that there are in fact places where you can buy petrol inside the moat. Many of the village type moobaans have those little stands with hand-cranked pumps which work just fine for a motorcycle. So technically not a petrol station, they do sell sell petrol.

Edited by elektrified

Actually, since you raised that issue PB, I would bet that there are in fact places where you can buy petrol inside the moat. Many of the village type moobaans have those little stands with hand-cranked pumps which work just fine for a motorcycle. So technically not a petrol station, they do sell sell petrol.

You may well be right. In addition to those, I bet you could run a motorbike using a bottle or two of the stuff they sell at the lao kao stands!