Chiang Mai Isps

hookemlaw

I will be moving to Chiang Mai in less than a month. I've looked at houses to rent, but I will just be staying at a hotel, b&b, or short term rental while looking for something long term.

Can anyone tell me the internet options in Chiang Mai and a very brief review of them? I understand that it varies by location, but I just want to have a general idea of what is good when I am looking at a place and find out it has x, y, and/or z as internet options.

Also, has anyone had success in having two or more connections to switch between when one is down/slow?

I'm a bit of an internet addict. I understand that it can be in a challenge in Chiang Mai, but hoping to minimize the shock at least. :)

Good luck.. Enjoy. :)

I have had True Cable internet in my bar within the old city for around 3 years. It is very consistant and is never really down. I just got internet at the house where cable is not available (1.5km south of city) so I got True ADSL. So far the speed is fine WHEN it is working. It often goes down through. If it rains or looks like it could be raining anywhere around Chiang Mai, it is down. It sounds like True Cable is the only dependable service but it only available in limited areas, probably just within the moat but not exactly sure where.