Non Immigrant Multiple Entry O Visas

Does anyone know if there is any limit to the amount of times a Thai consulate in the UK will continue to issue non immigrant multiple entry 0 visas or are they happy to go on issueing them year after year as long as you meet the requirements?

Where are we talking here Hull?......ive had 2 back to back Non Imm O's from there (visiting family and friends) and i have friends here in Pattaya who have had 3 back to back.............hopefully it will continue, that said a harsh word from the Thai Embassy in London might put an end to it all.

:o

hi,

not sure about how many back 2 backs, but would like to thank thaiflyer1 for your advice regarding hull and non imm o visa, i have just been issued mine and will arrive in los on the 4th of April.

1 question mine has been stamped that i am not permited to work, i was of the understanding that you can work on the back of this visa.

chok dee krup

You cant work on a Non Imm O.........you need to obtain a work permit to work.Edit..... Sorry simba misread your post.............on the "back " of the O i would think its possible to obtain a work permit presumably it has to be converted to a B first...........(Lop/Dr.P?)

Edited by thaiflyer1

Where  are  we  talking  here  Hull?......ive  had  2  back  to  back  Non  Imm  O's  from  there  (visiting  family  and  friends)  and  i  have  friends  here  in  Pattaya  who  have  had  3  back  to  back.............hopefully  it  will  continue, that  said  a  harsh  word  from  the  Thai  Embassy  in  London  might  put  an  end  to  it  all.

:D

especially if people keep blabbering about them in a public internet forum for all to see.... including Immigration. :o

You  cant  work  on  a  Non  Imm  O.........you  need  to  obtain  a  work  permit  to  work.Edit..... Sorry  simba  misread  your  post.............on  the  "back "  of  the  O  i  would  think  its  possible  to  obtain  a  work  permit  presumably  it  has  to  be  converted  to  a  B  first...........(Lop/Dr.P?)

Just had this out with my nice new employer.

You CAN get a work permit on a non-O visa without converting it to a non-B, some companies are a bit unwilling to do it because the process is apparently slightly different.

Interesting that you have 'not permitted to work' stamp, is your visa a non O-A (retirement) visa, work is not permitted with this visa type. My visa has 'no extension of stay' stamped but apparently this is actually ignored and is really a get-out clause for the Thai government to get rid of anyone they consider 'undesirable'.

The reapplication process is mentioned in all the Thai Immi Web sites...You can do it in Thailand or get a new one at an Embassy in the country of your citizenship.

You qualify, don't come up on the balck list at Passport control and it's back to a Sanuk retirement....NO Problem...there are some conflicting statements on the income issue at to a Thai Bank or not etc but I think some of that data is just old. The latres is you never have to have one satang in a Thai Bank and can do it at all at home. If you get a new one in Thailand they are suppose to accept you bank info from home.. I'm sure we can find info to the contrary but that was from both the LA and Honolulu office!