Recommendations To An Inexpensive Beach Resort During Low Season Period?

SGDude

I am looking for recommendations for a Thai beach resort that offers rooms with a personal outdoor jacuzzi. I like to get tanned (almost naked) in privacy and in water because I don't like the heat of the sun very much. Oh yes, I prefer a beach as close to Bangkok as possible so that I don't need to travel so much. The beach does not have to be very nice because I plan to spend most of my time in my personal jacuzzi.

Any idea when the high and low season is?

Any recommendations?

Edited by SGDude

I am looking for recommendations for a Thai beach resort that offers rooms with a personal outdoor jacuzzi. I like to get tanned (almost naked) in privacy and in water because I don't like the heat of the sun very much. Oh yes, I prefer a beach as close to Bangkok as possible so that I don't need to travel so much. The beach does not have to be very nice because I plan to spend most of my time in my personal jacuzzi.

Any idea when the high and low season is?

Any recommendations?

hello try HUA HIN its only 2 hrs drive from bangkok you can go by mini bus 200 baht one way or by train 5 hrs 49 baht up to you gl and the verry clean beach

I agree...try Hua Hin. I'm actually doing that same thing in a couple weeks, just as a weekend trip from Bangkok. It's low season now (through about October), so the prices are good. I'm staying at Dhevan Dara Resort & Spa - no outdoor jacuzzis, but private pool villas with decent sized pools. It's not on a beach, but I don't care b/c I plan to sit out by my private pool the whole time. Tip: The prices on the DD website are high, but I saved about 50% by booking through AsiaRooms....or Agoda is good, too.

There's lots of other Hua Hin resorts that have pool villas. Here are some others I looked into. Most are more expensive than what I paid for DD, but some are on the beach, and some have better locations (if you want to be closer to Hua Hin center):

X2 Kui Buri

AKA Resort

AKA Guti

Veranda Resort & Spa

Asara Villa & Suite Hotel

Six Senses Hideaway

Aleenta Resort

Alila Hotel.

I'm sure there are others...seems to be lots of these type of rooms around Hua Hin.

Another resource is this website: www.thailandpoolvilla.com - It lists hotels that have private pool villas all around Thailand. It's definitely NOT comprehensive by any means.

Good luck, and let us know if you find the perfect place!

I agree...try Hua Hin. I'm actually doing that same thing in a couple weeks, just as a weekend trip from Bangkok. It's low season now (through about October), so the prices are good. I'm staying at Dhevan Dara Resort & Spa - no outdoor jacuzzis, but private pool villas with decent sized pools. It's not on a beach, but I don't care b/c I plan to sit out by my private pool the whole time. Tip: The prices on the DD website are high, but I saved about 50% by booking through AsiaRooms....or Agoda is good, too.

There's lots of other Hua Hin resorts that have pool villas. Here are some others I looked into. Most are more expensive than what I paid for DD, but some are on the beach, and some have better locations (if you want to be closer to Hua Hin center):

X2 Kui Buri

AKA Resort

AKA Guti

Veranda Resort & Spa

Asara Villa & Suite Hotel

Six Senses Hideaway

Aleenta Resort

Alila Hotel.

I'm sure there are others...seems to be lots of these type of rooms around Hua Hin.

Another resource is this website: www.thailandpoolvilla.com - It lists hotels that have private pool villas all around Thailand. It's definitely NOT comprehensive by any means.

Good luck, and let us know if you find the perfect place!

Rayong ...Baan Seri on Sea ... 1700 thb/night , just call and reserve ur room , it has a jacuzzi facing the sea , admist a small bar

I need a room for myself and private outdoor jacuzzi. I can't see myself renting a villa because that would cost too much. I don't want an indoor jacuzzi cos I want to catch some rays.

I found 2 hotels at Pattaya:

1. Mind Resort - http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/pattaya/mind_resort.html

Overall good reviews. The prices on their web site seems cheaper even after including the 150 THB breakfast. I think the optional 150 THB breakfast is a good thing in case I get sick of it. Their customer service seems very stupid because I asked for better photos of their jacuzzi but they weren't able to email me the photos. I will try to contact their manager cos I don't see a clear picture of how it looks like.

2. Royal Orchid Pattaya...

A few bad reviews on AsiaRooms.com. Their official site has spyware and it has been marked by Firefox as a dangerous site. Lucky I had AVG antivirus on when I was surfing that site.

Any more ideas?

I need a room for myself and private outdoor jacuzzi. I can't see myself renting a villa because that would cost too much. I don't want an indoor jacuzzi cos I want to catch some rays.

I found 2 hotels at Pattaya:

1. Mind Resort - http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/pattaya/mind_resort.html

Overall good reviews. The prices on their web site seems cheaper even after including the 150 THB breakfast. I think the optional 150 THB breakfast is a good thing in case I get sick of it. Their customer service seems very stupid because I asked for better photos of their jacuzzi but they weren't able to email me the photos. I will try to contact their manager cos I don't see a clear picture of how it looks like.

Any more ideas?

Is use of the in-room internet port free? Or is there free wifi anywhere else in the hotel?

Check out:

http://www.mindresortpattaya.com/facilitiesandservices.php

It seems like there is free wifi internet if you bring your own laptop. It is best to contact them to find out. I wanna talk to their manager to find out more. My plan is to spend 1 week over there to recharge and map out a plan for my business and life for the next year.