Thaksin Expelled From Dubai, Fleeing To Montenegro

george

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Traveling in Africa to look at diamond mines? Why do they keep wasting time, I'm sure they could easily find a crew of ex-special forces to take him out somewhere during his journey. I mean, hey, all they would need to 30 baht from everybody that DOESN'T like Thaksin and that would pay for it ++++.

Thai is a great idea. They don't call diamond mines in Africa "blood diamond" for no reason. I'll pitch in a 1000 baht. :)

The business side of football. Credit to his sharp eye for identifying and started the ball rolling for turning Man City into one of the richest club in the EPL now in serious contention for trophies. Anyway you spin it you cannot deny Khun Thaksin is a shrew business and marketing guru

If he was a real guru he wouldn't have been kicked out from "his" club and all memories of his reign removed from club grounds.

If was really shrewd he would have been running one of the biggest conglomerates in South East Asia by now instead of hopping from one wretched corner of the world to another looking for investment opportunities in some diamond mines. What next? Small arms trafficking?

That "shrewd" businessmen invested in oil and Dubai real estate when their prices were at their historic highs and suffered huge, huge losses just in a few months.

The business side of football. Credit to his sharp eye for identifying and started the ball rolling for turning Man City into one of the richest club in the EPL now in serious contention for trophies. Anyway you spin it you cannot deny Khun Thaksin is a shrew business and marketing guru

If he was a real guru he wouldn't have been kicked out from "his" club and all memories of his reign removed from club grounds.

If was really shrewd he would have been running one of the biggest conglomerates in South East Asia by now instead of hopping from one wretched corner of the world to another looking for investment opportunities in some diamond mines. What next? Small arms trafficking?

That "shrewd" businessmen invested in oil and Dubai real estate when their prices were at their historic highs and suffered huge, huge losses just in a few months.

Well you can't have your cake and eat it right? He still came up tops on the deal financially....sold to the highest bidder and walked off with huge profit.

Shin Corp is/was one of the largest conglomerates in Thailand before he became PM so you can say Khun Thaksin has been there done that. Diamonds are as big as business as any...no concrete evidence of his huge losses but the guy is still travelling in style and luxury so the losses couldn't have been that huge if any

History will vindicate Khun Thaksin...time will tell

Thaksin posts pictures of his diamond mine on Internet

BANGKOK, 27 August 2009 (NNT) – Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has posted six pictures on the Internet today showing himself and the diamond mine in Africa as mentioned earlier via his twitter comment.

In the pictures, Thaksin was pointing to the diamond mine while other pictures were of Thaksin with many diamonds in his palm.

The pictures were posted today at 11.00 hrs via picasaweb.google.com.

He also wrote on his twitter yesterday that he was watching his diamond mine, but he needed to take a small plane since he was in the countryside area.

The deposed Prime Minister mentioned on 3 August that he invested in a diamond mine in Africa, adding that he would get his return in the next few weeks and he was excited to see the diamonds.

No doubt with Mr. T handling the stones/proceeds from the mine his initial investment will be recovered in record time. He learned his lesson in Thailand, too many elections cost money, the optimum time in power to get seed monies plus a modest??? profit back requires a period of 2 to 4 years. Unless, of course, you let him physically get his hands on the bounty (see photos) then all bets are off. The partners most likely gave him cut glass to handle/show off, and then took count to see what he palmed.

Well you can't have your cake and eat it right? He still came up tops on the deal financially....sold to the highest bidder and walked off with huge profit.

Shin Corp is/was one of the largest conglomerates in Thailand before he became PM so you can say Khun Thaksin has been there done that. Diamonds are as big as business as any...no concrete evidence of his huge losses but the guy is still travelling in style and luxury so the losses couldn't have been that huge if any

Is Shin.Corp trading now with crystal balls too?

Or where do you got the information from, from his PR stunts maybe?

talk about a man without a country

maybe iraq or afghanistan will take him

...and they come with loads of opportunity, loads!

telecommuications is just one, Football teams coaching, trian them to "wai"...

he can abolish poverty, there is loads, give the needy opportunities, food, shelter,

money... he will be a recognized saint long before he has to say "Goodbye"!

Forget Thailand.... all this hassle, much too troublesome for this genuine philanthropist.

that story smells fishy...

He was always welcomed with open arms in Dubai as he seems to have large investments in that country.

I am wondering why he was "expelled" abruptly... He's a fox on the run but he can't hide and run forever...

I believe something in Taskins logistics went dead wrong!

I read something a few weeks back that Dubai was not able to deport Thaksin because 'Paperwork was'nt finish'.

It seems paperwork is finish now :):D :D

Only if HE gets to write that history.

A la the Thai Rak Thai Library,

better called the Thaksin Loves Thaksin Library.

Anyway you spin it you cannot deny Khun Thaksin is a shrewd business and marketing guru.

Ok, using your position as PM to get other countries to sign on to your telecom biz, perhaps that's good marketing - though he was supposed to be running the country at that time, not prancing all over Asia doing personal biz deals.

His insistance, while PM, to ship unwanted fruit to Thai consulates/embassies worldwide was not a stroke of genius. Plus he shipped them on Thai military transports. I doubt the proceeds (= zero $$'s) compensated for the time and jet fuel used to ship the hundreds of crates of spoiling fruit.

You're right though, he was certainly shrewd when he sold AIS to the Singaporians and arranged it so he'd pay zero taxes. Perhaps not so shrewd when he endangered his own children in the process - the kids nearly going to jail because pa hid assets in their names - entwined in a shell game of overseas numbered accounts.

And shrewd to divorce his wife, so she would have to face less hassles holding on to his ill-begotten billions.

And shrewd to hand carry dozens of suitcases filled with cash and jewels out of the country (just before the coup). And shrewd to allow the then-wife and kids to do the same (just after the coup). There could have also been treasures belonging to the Kingdom in those suitcases, though only the Shinawatras know for sure. Regardless, taking such valuables out of the country would land mere mortals like us in jail for many years.

:)

Lies again........ Our Prime minister is not banned or fleeing anywhere!!!!! This website is getting more and more anti and lies. I hope the mods delete this shit and stop allowing defaming posts.

Our Prime Minister will return in the near future and then our country will progress again. Please stop the lies, reporting is good, but constant negative lies are not, and only cause this website to lose credibility.

Who are you referring to when you said "OUR" Prime Minister? I'm not sure if you are a Thai citizen because Thailand present Prime Minister is Abhisit Vejjajiva. I AM a Thai and I can recall one of OUR EX-Prime Ministers who is the greatest liar!, Thaksin Shinnawatra. Lying is what he does the best, but he should also learn to remember what his lies are so he doesn't keep contradicting new lies with old lies!!

Wake up and face reality!! Thaksin can never come back unless he is man enough to face all court charges. AND OUR country IS in progress!

:)
Lies again........ Our Prime minister is not banned or fleeing anywhere!!!!! This website is getting more and more anti and lies. I hope the mods delete this shit and stop allowing defaming posts.

Our Prime Minister will return in the near future and then our country will progress again. Please stop the lies, reporting is good, but constant negative lies are not, and only cause this website to lose credibility.

Who are you referring to when you said "OUR" Prime Minister? I'm not sure if you are a Thai citizen because Thailand present Prime Minister is Abhisit Vejjajiva. I AM a Thai and I can recall one of OUR EX-Prime Ministers who is the greatest liar!, Thaksin Shinnawatra. Lying is what he does the best, but he should also learn to remember what his lies are so he doesn't keep contradicting new lies with old lies!!

Wake up and face reality!! Thaksin can never come back unless he is man enough to face all court charges. AND OUR country IS in progress!

Well said Kuhn Candida!

Something rather intriques me about this post. It prompts me to ask a question.

Where were you educated ? In english that is

When did the convicted fugitive turn into the ex Prime Minister?

In the amorphous swirling synapses of the reddened minds.

For this lot he is still the PM wrongly removed, when he was only removed as acting PM.

After he dissolved the 2005 election parliament and his crew blew the 2006 election,

he was a seat warmer and ego in flux and not much else.

The country was rudderless, no parliament and only Thwaksin 'dictating' to his slowly shrinking cabinet

as the ONLY semi-functional governance. One man rule and that man is showing distinct signs of instability.

This of course is the 2-3 digit Lottery cabinet, paragons of independence and virtue.

As his cabinet gradually and with increasing speed abandoned the sinking ship,

this comment turned the tide.

"I don't care if they leave, I am the only one doing any work here anyway."*

*Thaksin Shinawatra acting Prime Minister 2006

For arguments sake he is AN ex-Prime Minister, having held the job, same as Chuan and others.

But is not a deposed Prime minister, but a deposed Acting Prime Minister.

And still a fugitive with no hope ever regaining that seat short of civil war.

He still longs to be the 'puppet master in chief' and that's why all this "Our Prime Minister" crap is heard.

Edited by animatic

What I find very strange is what he is doing on these trips, like advising nations on how to alleviate their poverty?

Thats strange, you'd think if someone tried to do that here the powers in complete control would... well we know.

Everything is fishy nowadays.