Book On Thai Road Driving Regulations In English

petercallen

I have a Thai driving licence and the rules are mostly of international standard, however as you know if you live here, few are practiced and knowing the regulations will not stop the fines, my advice would be to drive with defensive care as being Falang it will be your fault anyway :)

The transport office in Phuket town have them in English.

They gave me one to look over before i took my test.

You could either ask them where they bought it or ask if you can make a contribution and have it photocopied.

What would also be particularly useful is if they had one in Thai about how to go round a roundabout.!

Give way to the right <deleted> !

When I got my motorcycle licence I had to watch a video on the Thai road rules. It was most informative, Pity I couldn't find a copy. Maybe if you went to the Licencing office they may let you view it. As far as road rules go I still don't know the speed limit for the open road. I assume it is 100 kph but I have also been told it is 80kph.

http://geocities.com/bkkriders/law/index.html

This is a pretty good site have a look around, those with a locally obtained international driving licence might take heed of the international driving permit section. Always thought they were a bit suss might work with the local bb, but maybe not for a serious accident. :):D

Interesting site but i cannot any mention of maximum speed limits on country roads.

100 kph, unless otherwise signed, for instance easten ring road in Bangkok 120kph. Once a long Time ago i saw one that let you go as fast as you like [ a black round circle with a diagonal line in the middle] even though it seems like the thai's must see them everywhere :) .