Mms On Iphone With Ais

pilou

I don't remember when was the last time I sent one mms , but I am sure it did work until a few days ago.

Anyone of you having the same problem ? I rechecked my network parameters and rebooted my iphone , but mms are not sent....

Cheers.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Been told by AIS "we dont support MMS on iPhone" so thats it, but still better than my True was

Well, it is working on mine, and my girlfriend's, after fiddling with it yesterday ( for some reason , the line "APN " in MMS setting had reverted to "internet") , I put back "multimedia" and it seems to do the trick...

I just sent one successfully. AIS Hotline is useless, I can't even understand what the young lady is telling (in English ) anyway...

Phil

Hi Phil

Can you guide me true it?

Thx a lot

I am in Cellular network and under MMS is

APN

username

password

MMSC

what do i do??

I am trying to post a picture .. Sorry if it does not work

post-28765-1252208663_thumb.png

Anyway, 1st line : multimedia

Then blank for the 2 next lines

MMSC : http://mms.mobilelife.co.th

Proxy MMS 203.170.229.34:8080

last 2 lines empty

you have to restart your iphone after that.

Hope it helps and that it will work for you..( all this is already described on thyis forum somewhere else..)

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

Typical of all Thai supports or customer NO service. If they don't have a clue of what you're talking about they would say that it can't be done. Won't even take the effort to find out. You just have to keep digging into their 'pu@@ies' until you hit the right spot...

Funny story: when I first got my iPhone and wasn't all that familiar with it, I had it sending MMS, and then all of a sudden that stopped working, although I was sure the settings were still correct. For some reason a day later, it started working again. Then it became sort of "off and on". I was paying my bill at the Serenade counter at an AIS office and thought "what the heck, I'll ask them about it". The answer from the agent: AIS does NOT support MMS on iPhone. "But I have sent many MMS on my iPhone...I am sure it works...but sometimes it doesn't", I said.

"No, it doesn't work" said the agent. OK, so let's see if it's working now. She gave me her number, and luckily MMS was working at the moment and yes...she received my MMS. The agent then had sort of a childlike and emotional face that was a combination of frustration and loss of face and said "I will take you to a technical expert". So we got to the "technical expert", I explained my issue, and the technical expert said "AIS does not support MMS on iPhone". I then showed her the counter agent's phone and the MMS I had just sent to the counter agent and told the expert that I had just sent this one, and she received it, but sometimes it doesn't work. The "technical expert" looked at the MMS I had just sent, furrowed her brow, and then told me "AIS does not support MMS on iPhone".

Amazing.

Anyway, I am not sure what was happening, but things seemed to have sorted themselves out and at least for me, MMS always works now. And yes, AIS does support MMS on the iPhone.

Don't think I have ever or needed to use MMS when it comes to the iphone - so many better options to distribute stuff: Mobile Me Gallery, idisk, flickr, email.

I really think MMS will die out in the next year or 2.

Don't think I have ever or needed to use MMS when it comes to the iphone - so many better options to distribute stuff: Mobile Me Gallery, idisk, flickr, email.

I really think MMS will die out in the next year or 2.

That sort of sounds like Apple's logic for not including MMS on the iPhone initially. What about the great majority of mobile phone users here who do not have internet enabled phones as well as wish to pay for data (GPRS/EDGE)? And if email is a better option, will SMS die out in the next year or two as well? Besides, I think that SMS and MMS are simply easier and more convenient than email for quick messages, even for those who have email access on their phone.

Anyway, I am not sure what was happening, but things seemed to have sorted themselves out and at least for me, MMS always works now. And yes, AIS does support MMS on the iPhone.

Works fine for me too, no problems. And while we're on the subject, bubba, I always meant to thank you for your post from months back about the settings and that link to the, er, Danish was it, website, the one with the tethering files. Very useful and saved me a whole load of mucking around, so thanks for that.