Radio Controlled Sailing

scudman

If anyone is interested in learning about, trying out, or curious about RC Sailing, I will be at the lake near the British International School this Saturday at 1:00 p.m.

The lake in on the left hand side on the road leading to the British International School about 1 km in from the main road.

I will have a couple of IOM boats in the water. IOM are an International One Meter boat that is sailed competitively worldwide.

If your interested, come on out and give it a try.

Actually I am interested in this, as we have a nice lake in our estate and it'd be good to make proper use of it!

Phuket is a little far for a looksee though, shame. Any good online resources that I can check out or places that sell gear in Bangkok?

Actually I am interested in this, as we have a nice lake in our estate and it'd be good to make proper use of it!

Phuket is a little far for a looksee though, shame. Any good online resources that I can check out or places that sell gear in Bangkok?

There is a guy named Kosit Duangta in Bangkok that sails IOM. He is on Facebook. There is also a group on Facebook called Thai RC Sail. One of there members may be able to be a resource as well. Also, there is a company in China building and selling IOMs now for about US $700. complete. A group in Singapore bought 6 and started sailing at Raffles Marina. As soon as I find the website I will send you the link.

Great news..! My son has been pestering me about doing this for ages, and he goes to BIS..! We will come by to see you on Saturday. The last thread I saw mentioned someone doing this in the south of the island. Near Nai Harn, I think..? Let's hope for good weather..!

Hi,!,I have a ton of RC gear I,d like to sell due to failing eyesight, RC TX/RX ,servos,batteries,chargers,books etc etc.REALLY good prices to clear the gear rather than throw out.Im up in Chumphae(Khon Kaen) but am willing to "ship" by post. Let me know.

Hi,!,I have a ton of RC gear I,d like to sell due to failing eyesight, RC TX/RX ,servos,batteries,chargers,books etc etc.REALLY good prices to clear the gear rather than throw out.Im up in Chumphae(Khon Kaen) but am willing to "ship" by post. Let me know.

I sent you a PM re your gear.....

Sounds like fun.

Don't want to seem like I'm hijacking your post here Scudman.

My uncle builds and races these Yachts back in Europe, and has also done some work with the British Olypmic team.

Hopefully he is coming over with a couple so we can have a race or two down at Nai-Harn lake.

Here is a link to his website if your intrested in seeing whats what - initial starter pack is a lot cheaper than $700.

http://www.rcyachts.org.uk

cheers

Choppy

Edited by choppychugger