Methamphetamine Bust At Suvarnabhumi: Two Iranians Arrested

george

Just curious Ajarn - what's the difference between a 'farang' an 'arab' and an 'African' ?

The way I understand it is that a farang is anyone born outside of Thailand?

Farang = gaijin = white

Gaijin is not a Thai word I'm familar with. Can anyone help?

Many Thais when referring to africanos use the phrase - farang dam - black foreigner. By your example it would mean 'white black.' Which would not work in any language.

As far as I know the word farang came from french or fancois who were the early visitors. Later it has been employed to describe anyone born outside of the Thai empire.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious Ajarn - what's the difference between a 'farang' an 'arab' and an 'African' ?

Farang = gaijin = white

Many Thais when referring to africanos use the phrase - farang dam - black foreigner. By your example it would mean 'white black.' Which would not work in any language.

As far as I know the word farang came from french or fancois who were the early visitors. Later it has been employed to describe anyone born outside of the Thai empire.

The Thai for French is "Farang-set"

Farang = gaijin = white

The Thai for French is "Farang-set"

Which is obviously a rought transliteration of 'francois'

But anyway Moon, this has nothing to do with the thread topic. I digress.

Farang = gaijin = white

I think you misread it. I didn't mean it means 'white', but [white] foreigner, much like gaijin [japanese] means foreign devil and also means...white foreigner.

Farang only derives, most likely, from 'Foreigner' [French version of it] and come to mean white foreigner as others are used with a qualifier. Or other words completely. See 'kaek'.

Farang = gaijin = white

I think you misread it. I didn't mean it means 'white', but [white] foreigner, much like gaijin [japanese] means foreign devil and also means...white foreigner.

Farang only derives, most likely, from 'Foreigner' [French version of it] and come to mean white foreigner as others are used with a qualifier. Or other words completely. See 'kaek'.

'jin' means Japanese and 'gai' means chicken or a tour guide

the word for devil is bpai-saat or waai-raai.

Maybe you are referring to a Lao or Khmer language,

I thought the name for africans (or any black skinned people) is "negro" in thai.

Edited by noithip

I thought the name for africans (or any black skinned people) is "negro" in thai.

my thai gf in london just refers to them as คนดำ kon dam - man black

she does still refer to other as whites- farang and our brothers from the subcontinenet as -kon india

i guess just like in every language there are more than 1 or 2 names for everything.

i only recently started posted on here and i have to say ..people are ever so sensitive arent they ? thought id joined a womens institute website by mistake

Dont get high on your own supply! Maybe thet were raising funds for their MBA grad school!

PS Whilst the mules went on live TV, 12 x 44G drums of raw chemicals slipped thu, which will be on Walking Street in 48 hrs.

Meth is a loser drug that finds its way to rural areas as well as the general population. Walking street is not just a big meth fest, its a Sang Som fest. I know there is some BGs and stuff doing it there but I think your hitting walking street below the belt.

Seems to me the number of arabs and africans in bangkok has exploded in the last handful of years............................

You're right. And the number of westerners have declined considerably! Racist

This situation doesn't make sense at all, why would two iranians smuggle meth into Bangkok when it's all over the place already?

Someone commented "why bring coals to Newcastle?" It maybe that it is not meant for the local market! It may be meant for neighbouring countries where enforcement is strict and borders are porous.

It may also be meant for nightclubs at the borders of neighbouring countries.We are aware of an insurgency at the South. Are drugs being smuggled in to be sold at nightclubs in the South to raise funds to buy guns and ammo to fuel the insurgency?

Most of those caught are probably Muslims from Africa and from Iran.Countries in those areas have zealots who may have links to extremists organizations.Who knows?

No, I am referring to the language 'japanese', hence why I wrote it.

Added: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaijin

Greekfreaklover wrote:

"jin" in japanese means "person" and "gai" means "foreign", hence a "foreigner",

"gai" does not mean "chicken" as in Thai. lol.

Ok. but what has that got to do with the price of meth in Iran?

No, I am referring to the language 'japanese', hence why I wrote it.

Added: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaijin

Greekfreaklover wrote:

"jin" in japanese means "person" and "gai" means "foreign", hence a "foreigner",

"gai" does not mean "chicken" as in Thai. lol.

Ok. but what has that got to do with the price of meth in Iran?

I am not interested in the price of Meth in Iran.I am only interested in who brings in the Meth, where is the final destination,and are there local intermediaries !

This situation doesn't make sense at all, why would two iranians smuggle meth into Bangkok when it's all over the place already?

Someone commented "why bring coals to Newcastle?" It maybe that it is not meant for the local market! It may be meant for neighbouring countries where enforcement is strict and borders are porous.

I had to re-read that then as I thought you wrote: "Why bring goals to Newcastle?"......

Methamphetamine bust at Suvarnabhumi: Two Iranians arrested

1251439860.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thai customs officers arrested two Iranian drug smuggling suspects with two kilogrammes of methamphetamine hydrochloride, or 'ice' at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Customs Department Deputy Director General for Enforcement Somchai Poolsavasdi told a news conference on Thursday that officers had arrested the Iranian duo, alleged drug dealers, and seized 2,000 grammes of ice worth Bt8 million (about US$235,000).

Identified as Eftekhari Vahid, 25, and Hassani Seyedghader, 26, the suspects departed the Iranian capital of Tehran for Bangkok on Mahan Air on Thursday.

Noticed after acting suspiciously at a customs inspection channel for passengers with nothing to declare, the two men were taken into police custody after customs officers found 1,040 grammes crystal substance in a plastic bag covered with metallic foil in Mr Hassani's baggage and 960 grammes of the same material packaged the same way in Mr Eftekhari's baggage.

Laboratory tests confirmed that the substances were methamphetamine hydrochloride.

The two men were charged with smuggling drugs into Thailand for illegal sale. Their case has been referred to the Narcotics Suppression Bureau for further investigation.

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2009-08-28

Icy greetings to the Iranis. Ayathollas. What would they do back in your country? Hanging on the highest tree, without a trial? Khomeini them, end.

In my country, they would have been charged with "corruption on earth"! You do not have such charges in your lawbooks! Hanging on a high tree? We just use a tow truck and hang them at the public square!

Hi. I need to write this down now. A very 'friendly' Iranian gay wrote me a very stupid mail, only using F.U...and so on all the time. I think it's a forum for all, you should look in the mirror, before you're posting shit like that. That idiot was expalining about my education....where did you learn your Bronx language? In Iran? You're out of your mind.