12 Year Old Paper Airplane Champion May Miss Chance To Represent Thailand At International Competition

WaiWai

Yes in the US by law he would. Just like Obama the US president did. Nether of his parents were US citizens. He was simply born in the US and thats good enough to make him the president. In the EU I don't know.

Where do you get that stupid crap.

Obama's mother is definitely a US CITIZEN.

His father was not, but you only need one.

At 18 he gets the choice of citizenship between parents countries

regardless of where he lived.

Not only that but children born on American military bases

or even embassies abroad are considered born on American soil.

I have a friend born on a US Nato base in Degaule era France,

she has DUAL USA/France passports that can't be recided.

As to "modicum of creative thinking" this if it existed early in youth was

systematically removed by schooling, and the immersion in the bureaucratic milieu.

As to the rantings of redrum:

A clear miss, and a mis-reading of most of the threads dealing with local events discussed here.

Yes, farangs who don't support Thaksin were said to be racists against Issanese,

as recently as this last week on TVF. It's there, and I won't do your searching for you.

But hey, don't let a good rant get derailed by verifiable facts;

shoot the messenger rather than search the forum.

Well calling it stupid crap is a bit over the top. :D

I stand corrected, she had not been born a US citizen, but she was at the time of his birth. If even that is correct anymore. :D  I don't fact check my posts I am not a reporter, and this is only a forum full of dorks and the only qualification required to join is to be one.   I guess thats why so many of us join and you have stayed with us.   Their citizenship is just not a sensitive issue with me, maybe thats why I messed up the fact by complete mistake.   I am sorry. :D    At any rate he would still have been a US citizen and that was the main point.  

The reason I bring Obama into it is because look where Obama is or could have been otherwise. Now look where this kid will never have a chance to be, no fault of his own.  We are the fathers of all children and we have a responsibility for them,  all of them.

I just flat out feel sorry for kids like this and feel those whom can, have not done the right thing.

I was in the military and married to a non us citizen, we have two kids.  I know how that works.  No need to explain how John McCain is a citizen.

Its not stupid crap if your reading toward the point of it, no need to start kicking some poor dork around.  :D  

Class AAA I v been told. :)

PS if anyone thinks my postings or anyone else's in this forum for that matter count as anything beyond more then simple conversation, you are completely delusional and probably overly self important.   :D

As for the reporters  I suggest reading what they have posted, and I don't feel so dorky anymore.   :D

Very talented boy, we featured him in our magazine last November if you are interested: http://www.chiangmainews.com/ecmn/viewfa.php?id=2353 and http://www.chiangmainews.com/ecmn/?id=82. Great talent, such a shame, but these are national policy issues and need to be sorted out from the top.

Thanks for the links, Sao Jiang Mai.

It is people not thinking ahead. If this kid already has this kind of interest in science then it should be encouraged. Clear the obstacles out of his way and let him choose a path. Who says this kid can't become an aeronautical engineer one day? It is just beauracratic small-minded thinking. I guess practing all day for a school spirit rally is more important than supporting a kid's future. Just got to get him away from being a BIB! Of course, maybe he will be the one to finally change the BIB for the better...but not if his dreams are smashed before he ever hits purberty!

Seems like National Security is flavour of the month for everything at the moment.

The logic of this decision is beyond me and it's apparent mealy mouthed spitefullness is extremely distasteful.

Without wishing to be critical, it does suggest that Thais have about the same level of comprehension of 'National Security' as they do of most complicated ideas.

Same same.

Yes in the US by law he would. Just like Obama the US president did. Nether of his parents were US citizens. He was simply born in the US and thats good enough to make him the president. In the EU I don't know.

she has DUAL USA/France passports that can't be rescinded.

systematically removed by schooling, and the immersion in the bureaucratic milieu.

A clear miss, and a mis-reading of most of the threads dealing with local events discussed here.

Yes, farangs who don't support Thaksin were said to be racists against Issanese,

as recently as this last week on TVF. It's there, and I won't do your searching for you.

I stand corrected, she had not been born a US citizen, but she was at the time of his birth. If even that is correct anymore. :D I don't fact check my posts I am not a reporter, and this is only a forum full of dorks and the only qualification required to join is to be one. I guess thats why so many of us join and you have stayed with us. Their citizenship is just not a sensitive issue with me, maybe thats why I messed up the fact by complete mistake. I am sorry. :D At any rate he would still have been a US citizen and that was the main point.

The reason I bring Obama into it is because look where Obama is or could have been otherwise. Now look where this kid will never have a chance to be, no fault of his own. We are the fathers of all children and we have a responsibility for them, all of them.

I just flat out feel sorry for kids like this and feel those whom can, have not done the right thing.

I was in the military and married to a non us citizen, we have two kids. I know how that works. No need to explain how John McCain is a citizen.

Its not stupid crap if your reading toward the point of it, no need to start kicking some poor dork around. :D

PS if anyone thinks my postings or anyone else's in this forum for that matter count as anything beyond more then simple conversation, you are completely delusional and probably overly self important. :D

As for the reporters I suggest reading what they have posted, and I don't feel so dorky anymore. :D

Sorry for the kick against a simple mistake. I make them myself.

But that said we have had several 'True Believers' who think USDems and CNN stole the election,

and that what you posted IS true, and let's not start on 'Birthers' too...

So it was a jump at putting a canard to bed before it got more traction.

I am 100% for 'born in country and having the option', and same for hill tribes born here.

This kid should go represent Thailand at the contest. It is more likely to make Thailand good than bad.

RKASA mecasa for beers?

Edited by animatic

Seriously, might there be anything we can do to help?

Letters to the Ed of the English dailies here, Japan and elsewhere?

Letters in Thai and Japanese to Thai and Japanese national papers?

Calls to talkback radio?

You-tube?

Post and email the info where you can?

Other ways to raise awareness?

Though I know how much Thailand would hate for this story to be put under the spotlight, the more I think about this, the more shameful I think the situation is. That poor kid :) .

she has DUAL USA/France passports that can't be rescinded.

Well calling it stupid crap is a bit over the top. :P

I stand corrected, she had not been born a US citizen, but she was at the time of his birth. If even that is correct anymore. :D I don't fact check my posts I am not a reporter, and this is only a forum full of dorks and the only qualification required to join is to be one. I guess thats why so many of us join and you have stayed with us. Their citizenship is just not a sensitive issue with me, maybe thats why I messed up the fact by complete mistake. I am sorry. :D At any rate he would still have been a US citizen and that was the main point.

The reason I bring Obama into it is because look where Obama is or could have been otherwise. Now look where this kid will never have a chance to be, no fault of his own. We are the fathers of all children and we have a responsibility for them, all of them.

I was in the military and married to a non us citizen, we have two kids. I know how that works. No need to explain how John McCain is a citizen.

Its not stupid crap if your reading toward the point of it, no need to start kicking some poor dork around. :D

PS if anyone thinks my postings or anyone else's in this forum for that matter count as anything beyond more then simple conversation, you are completely delusional and probably overly self important. :D

As for the reporters I suggest reading what they have posted, and I don't feel so dorky anymore. :D

Sorry for the kick against a simple mistake. I make them myself.

But that said we have had several 'True Believers' who think USDems and CNN stole the election,

and that what you posted IS true, and let's not start on 'Birthers' too...

So it was a jump at putting a canard to bed before it got more traction.

I am 100% for 'born in country and having the option', and same for hill tribes born here.

This kid should go represent Thailand at the contest. It is more likely to make Thailand good than bad.

RKASA mecasa for beers?

Its Coool  :D  I get up on it when they post the moon landing didn't happen.   :D

*Yawn*, you all seem to miss the picture. Its a passport, a piece of paper. Its a boy with 0 opportunity, already born into a level of the system he is designed not to achieve in, designed to become a wage slave. Modern slavery through economics. God forbid that he has a talent which may give him an opportunity to escape (even if just for a day) this system, you are all willing to stand up and defend from one point of view or another.

I made 2,200$ yesturday working with people from 58 nations, I had never met them before I will perhaps never meet them again, the internet is the new world. To think you need a piece of paper, made by a fictitious organization(The government) to particatipate in another fictitious event (This competition) is ludicrous. These only exist to keep you where you are, and feeling that you have no individual power, thats why you read to believe your well informed and understand.

Its meant to be some fun that Children enjoy, but obviously this child shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it because he wasn't born into an acceptable social level for him to achieve this.

Congratulations on your defense of systems arguing with each other over the same point, the same ideas but with different names. Your all so smart.

But your all missing the point, go back to watching your CNN (and be spoon fed your dreary this is how the world is today bullshit) and forget this topic, to you its nothing. This boy will likely miss out, its not something even worth bothering about for mainstream media. Just another "that was interesting" article to make you consume the rest of what they you want to read and give you a break between their more important for your to absorb articles.

Please start trying to read independent news and you'll realize so much of this is just a joke to keep you looking at it.

For someone who is well informed and passes quick judgements, you do not give a lot of information.

I stand corrected, she had not been born a US citizen, but she was at the time of his birth. If even that is correct anymore. :)  I don't fact check my posts I am not a reporter, and this is only a forum full of dorks and the only qualification required to join is to be one.   I guess thats why so many of us join and you have stayed with us.   Their citizenship is just not a sensitive issue with me, maybe thats why I messed up the fact by complete mistake.   I am sorry. :D    At any rate he would still have been a US citizen and that was the main point.  

Calling your first and second post a load of "crap" is correct (I have quoted only the salient portions for context). The ignorance is mind-numbing considering the resources available on the internet today.

President Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, was born in Wichita, Kansas, to Stanley Dunham and Madelyn Payne. Ms. Dunham's parents were both US citizens. President Obama's mother did not "choose" to become a US citizen later in life, at the time of President Obama's birth, as your post infers. Rather, Ms. Dunham was born a US citizen. While it likely does not matter to a person with your cavalier grasp of the facts, President Obama was also born a US citizen in Hawaii. By virtue of his birth in the US, the nationality of his parents is irrelevant to determining his US citizenship under US law, in any event. The cacophony of lies regarding President Obama's citizenship by "birthers," and others with an agenda, is a sad and disturbing trend.

By the way, the excuse that a "lie" is perpetuated to start a "simple conversation" only evidences a lack of intellectual honesty.

Finally, the young boy that flies paper airplanes better than anyone else in Thailand should be allowed to represent Thailand. I hope common sense prevails and the little boy's dream of competing become reality.

Edited by hastings

Given how a lot of Thais feel about the Burmese, and given that official figures in Ranong are 2 Burmese for every Thai. This lad has a snowball in hel_l's chance of being allowed to represent Thailand. I believe they stopped handing out citizenship in the 60's, may be for the very reason of fearing an immigrant worker invasion.

mhm, i still don't see any sense and relevance in your first comment: "And they call farangs racist for being anti-Thaksin...". how is that related to the topic?

and i still don't know who or what group of people have you in mind behind the word "they". who are "they"?

i am not shoot messenger. i only ask what you mean.

furthermore, there is also a difference between "farangs don't support thaksin" and "farangs being anti-Thaksin".

are you sure that just being 'anti-thaksin' or 'don't support thaksin' was the solely reason to be called 'racist' by whoever?

kinda racial sterotypes, ethnic profiling, prejudices and bias toward nationality, culture, religion or and gender are very common in this forum. that comes in various degrees and variation.

I don't fact check my posts I am not a reporter, and this is only a forum full of dorks and the only qualification required to join is to be one. I guess thats why so many of us join and you have stayed with us. Their citizenship is just not a sensitive issue with me, maybe thats why I messed up the fact by complete mistake. I am sorry. :D

Definately trolling here! :)

You've managed to ruin a good thread. I WAS having a few good laughs until you came along.

BTW, thanks for the overgeneralization and insults!

*Yawn*, you all seem to miss the picture. Its a passport, a piece of paper. Its a boy with 0 opportunity, already born into a level of the system he is designed not to achieve in, designed to become a wage slave. Modern slavery through economics. God forbid that he has a talent which may give him an opportunity to escape (even if just for a day) this system, you are all willing to stand up and defend from one point of view or another.

I made 2,200$ yesturday working with people from 58 nations, I had never met them before I will perhaps never meet them again, the internet is the new world. To think you need a piece of paper, made by a fictitious organization(The government) to particatipate in another fictitious event (This competition) is ludicrous. These only exist to keep you where you are, and feeling that you have no individual power, thats why you read to believe your well informed and understand.

Its meant to be some fun that Children enjoy, but obviously this child shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it because he wasn't born into an acceptable social level for him to achieve this.

Congratulations on your defense of systems arguing with each other over the same point, the same ideas but with different names. Your all so smart.

But your all missing the point, go back to watching your CNN (and be spoon fed your dreary this is how the world is today bullshit) and forget this topic, to you its nothing. This boy will likely miss out, its not something even worth bothering about for mainstream media. Just another "that was interesting" article to make you consume the rest of what they you want to read and give you a break between their more important for your to absorb articles.

Please start trying to read independent news and you'll realize so much of this is just a joke to keep you looking at it.

For someone who is well informed and passes quick judgements, you do not give a lot of information.

There is no point. He likely won't go unless someone see's a benefit in it for themselves in giving him the assistance. Then that person needs to be in the position anyway, in reality giving individuals such power to go around social systems is corruption, the fact that what is needed is another form of corruption again to circumvent silly laws put in place yet we still abide by is ludicrous. The worst part about all this though is he is what ? 11? (not going to bother to confirm the dates) and because he was born to certain people, not even a place or time, just to certain people he has less rights than me. I could go to that place without even wanting to go there, and not needing special permission of the 3rd party? who made them god?

EDIT Continued here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/High-Flier-B...-J-t294837.html Crossy