Any Past Or Present Students Of The Chiang Mai University 1 Yr Thai Language Course

gonzoham

Any past or present students of the Chiang Mai University 1 Yr Thai Language Course?

How does the CMU course compare with the Walen School of Thai? I am after serious learing and not just a easy visa.

I am currently studying International Relations (Counterterrorism) at university in Australia and will be coming to CM to learn Thai and possibly Chinese or Burmese. Does anyone know of a Burmese language school?

Also I will be looking for a condo around the university, do you recommend any Real Estate agents?

My first post and I appreciate this forum.

Thank-you,

Gonzo

The instructor at CMU is about as good as you can get. The course however suffers from those who are using the course only as a visa source and do not attend. I think this applies to all courses though those which have several levels of classes may be more suited to this as those who do not progress can stay in the begginners level forever rather than holding back the rest. Personally I think that the issuing of immigration letters by the schools saying that the student is attending is close to fraudulent and those who are unwilling to attend 4 hrs a week should not get extensions.

There are plenty of condos close to the uni. You do not need an agent. I am paying 6000 baht a month nextto the uni but there are may from about 4000. PM me if you need further.