Where Can I Find A Thai Partner?

ohhh... look out sports fans, Vit has fired back with a big round house that JUST missed the big Russian, but did succeed in flooring the referee with some nonsense about high energy.

There was some confusion about his origins, but Vit has proclaimed Thailand to be his native country... so the judges will have to decide if this disqualifies him from the match. The judges are meanwhile busy studying the "water" he's been taking in his corner between rounds as it seems to be a rice-based flammable liquid.

Vit does seem to be taking the contest much seriously as he bears down on the Russian and has attempted to downplay his earlier pompous, show-boating style from earlier rounds.

As the bout continues, the crowd is wondering what the Russian will do next. The Thai has managed to get in at least 2 shots since the Russian last threw a punch.

The sound of "Oleg... Oleg.... Oleg" is heard loudly around the arena.

MAD: mutual assured destruction is what will happen if Dr. Oleg and I duke it out :D  I say you bring you worst bottle of russian vodka and i'll bring my moonshined thai whiskey and we drink until the last man standing to see who's "smarter" :o P.S. sriracha john, this is where you should take note that i'm thai, although terribly americanized. And dr. patpong can join and ask me questions about my thesis on high energy implantation to see if indeed i do equivocate to a phd.

Poor billyboy, sorry for the tangents and the rants that have absolutely nothing to do with your desire for a good cup of expresso. Next time i'll leave my credentials at the door to keep from antagonizing the other egos :D

Always guard your credentials. Once lost ... gone forever

Vit42, commiting suicide by drinking worst Rus vodka (btw - any vodka available in bkk, except sometimes Smirnoff) with thai moonshine doesn't worth surviving Chernobyl meltdown.

I jusssst love the way you put simple things look so impressive, allow me to quote:

"BTW, know i know why Chernobyl's coolant system failed..."

me too, and another few millions also - it was turned off, that's why.

Sriracha John -> thanks for support, I hope you enjoyed it.

cheers and good morning

and the crowd goes wild as the big Russian connects with some solid body blows....

as Vit staggers into the ropes, some ringside spectators are taunting him with "Three Mile Island... Three Mile Island"....

while apparently some more knowledgeable fans up in the rafters are chanting, in reference to Vit's submarine background,... "what happens to the spent fuel rods? what happens to the spent fuel rods?"

It doesn't look good for the Thai, but then everyone knows their tenacity is tremendous... so only time will tell.

Vit42, commiting suicide by drinking worst Rus vodka (btw - any vodka available in bkk, except sometimes Smirnoff) with thai moonshine doesn't worth surviving Chernobyl meltdown.

I jusssst love the way you put simple things look so impressive, allow me to quote:

"BTW, know i know why Chernobyl's coolant system failed..."

me too, and another few millions also - it was turned off, that's why.

Sriracha John -> thanks for support, I hope you enjoyed it.

cheers and good morning

And i thought my original comments to billboy was to help him but you figured me out oleg, my only intention was to impress a bunch of strangers cause my life wouldn't be complete without your approval (loads of sarcasm).

My reference to chernobyl was a joke linking you to your listed credentials. Geez, i didn't realize what i was saying was meant to be so impressive. Once again, you hit the nail on the head, thanks for making sure i'm not getting too high on my horse. (more sarcasm).

Can i too succeed at become an advanced member by making useless remarks such as s-john? Howard cosell he's not. BTW, pray tell me how spent fuel rods are a unique question in regards to submarines, ie, what's your point? Then again, never mind. Instigate all you want, your cleverness has TKO'd me into submission. (insert more body blow comments as needed to prove your worth to the forum).

Thanks, Vit42. I think that was fun and entertaining for all. I didn't want to be too sarcastic, actually - I thought it was your perfect humorous post at the beginning.

Anyway, 1985 I worked at rus submarines too ( as technician) and though didn't travel inside those beasts - I do have great respect and understanding for those who did. Esp. nuke ones.

His Sarcasticness, Mr Sriracha John was only warming up, beware weekend evening posts from him. Behold

I'm thinking Vit's been thoroughly Americanized... as he doesn't represent the tenacity I've seen in Thailand's Thais....

He's certainly much more staunchy than Thais here....

Take a break Vit and visit the Motherland... how long has it been?

btw Oleg... perhaps you worked on some of the subs my American sub used to track off your coast.... :o

It's all now peace though, comrade.... :D

Edited by sriracha john

Thanks, Vit42. I think that was fun and entertaining for all. I didn't want to be too sarcastic, actually - I thought it was your perfect humorous post at the beginning.

Anyway, 1985 I worked at rus submarines too ( as technician) and though didn't travel inside those beasts - I do have great respect and understanding for those who did. Esp. nuke ones.

His Sarcasticness, Mr Sriracha John was only warming up, beware weekend evening posts from him. Behold

Good morning and thanks to all for the entertainment. I've learned a little humility and humiliation in the process.

I agree oleg, subs are incredible. I worked on the ballistic (ohio class) and attack subs (seawolf and "new attack sub"). So big were the missle silos that they made a running track around them for exercise! Never went out in one either but was almost tempted to during sea trials. (Note, this is not to brag about my experience, just a comment about your experience!)

P.S. s-john, i make it back to LOS 1-2 per year since most of my family and many of my friends are there. And i'm not pro or anti nuke or america, i'm a do the right thing kind of guy, irregardless of gender, race, religion, education, politics, etc. Cheers.

I often wonder where i can find good Thai business partners.

For example there must be some Thais out there with loads of experience say in a CAFE operation but not much capital who are looking at starting a business.

Where can i find someone like this? Who has the motivation,experience but not the capital?

Impossible.

Does not exist, only scams.

POM PUUT IIK

For example there must be some Thais out there with loads of experience say in a CAFE operation but not much capital who are looking at starting a business.

Where can i find someone like this? Who has the motivation,experience but not the capital?

What are you upto now, Billy? What happened to your Thai boyfriend that you were so lovey-dovey with? The 200,000 Baht investment to open a bar for him to run while you remain in England for 6 mo./yr? :D

Ole Billy is either a fool or a troll. He changes his story by the hour. I'm sorry to say but he's an Aussie

Not forgetting the tuk-tuk leasing business.......... or was it taxis........ or long range helicopter charters? Hey, they'll never confirm Wolfowitz as head of the World Bank - get your CV in now. :o

Edited by Steve2UK

Great reply from Vit42.

For me, i just hope Billyboy keeps on posting. Its very sad i know, but his posts brighten up my day no end. At least on the business accumen scale i know im not rank bottom now!

I liked it too, esp credentials of CEO of Swiss-based company with USA BA etc.

a propos, did someone see swiss based company in bkk? i didn't.

and of course - wise advise to look at bplans.com - only CEO can give such pro tip. get real, pls!

Not sure what your "get real, pls!" comment is referring too. I never said the company i run was in bkk, if you see my location, it's in boston, ma, usa. IMHO, billyboy seems a little green so i thought that a bplan was the right place for him to start. I'd rather not bore him or anyone with b-school or ceo talk since his idea is for a simple shop.

On-line, where nobody can see you, it's so easy to act smug and give non constructive criticism. If you really want to get real, i'll show you mine (credentials) if you show me yours!

And where was that lofty MBA obtained, oh wise one? Not at the University of West Los Angeles, I hope!

:D:o

And where was that lofty MBA obtained, oh wise one?  Not at the University of West Los Angeles, I hope! 

:D  :o

C'mon Mr. Harmonica, i've learned my lesson and shant expose myself with any further details about my credentials, less i seem unseemly again. Just a hint though, reputable boston school. But remember, it's not the school that makes you wise, it's the yearning for the learning.

• 2 weeks later...

Where's that say that a foreigner wishing to stay in Thailand and put up business is required to provide the required amount for capital? I can have a friend read out the Thai text, if links can be provided. Thanks.

This is interesting but somehow the thread ended up disussing about nuclear reactors. Entertaining, though. I find the idea of nuke powered subs amazing, haven't been in one of them, a pity.

This is interesting but somehow the thread ended up disussing about nuclear reactors. Entertaining, though. I find the idea of nuke powered subs amazing, haven't been in one of them, a pity.

Fascinating how things can get turned around in some of these threads, isn't it? :D:o

As for nuke subs, they ARE amazing. It was a whole different world down there...

practically unlimited fuel, unlimited fresh water and air... we could almost stay submerged indefinitely...our only limitation was simply the amount of food we could carry. Consequently... we carried a lot. Amazing life, indeed. :D

Edited by sriracha john

Thank you guys for entertaining and interesting "reading" though I dont think that so many really answered the question that this tread had to begin with... how to find a thai business partner? You read and hear about scams all the time, i'm certain that you can find honest people to do business with. I'm interested to here more "serios" answers for example, many of you guys are living in Thailand right now with varies business, condos, houses. I'm aware that many have Thai wifes, but if your wife isn't Thai the sitiuation is a little different for example when buying a house or land. Personally I wouldn't stir my self blind in finding a specific Thai business partner but comes one along the way I wouldn't hesitate to getting to know him to see if he was suited for my business.

Regards

Moses