Apartment In Bangkok For One Month

KunMatt

I'm having trouble finding this out for myself so I'm sure someone here can help me out.

I'm coming to Thailand again in October for 4 to 6 weeks but we've just about had enough of living in hotels while we are there. Me and my gf miss being able to cook and eat at home and not living out of suitcases the whole time

We stayed in a place in Phuket before which were these really modern one bedroom bungalows, with a kitchen/living room, all set within this pool complex for 1500 a night. That was ideal but we are planning to stay in Bangkok this time and need to find something that suits us like that.

I don't even know where to start looking. Anyone got any ideas??

All we really need is a nice one bedroom (preferably not studio) apartment/house/hotel with a real kitchen (a microwave and a single hot plate is not a kitchen!!) for the month of October. If it has a pool then great, if not then no worries.

We'd be spending about 35,000 on hotels for the month anyways so I'd like somewhere in the budget range from there to about 50k if it's worth it.

I know I've left the criteria wide open but that's because I don't know what range of things are available in Bangkok. Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by UKMatt

I'm having trouble finding this out for myself so I'm sure someone here can help me out.

I'm coming to Thailand again in October for 4 to 6 weeks but we've just about had enough of living in hotels while we are there. Me and my gf miss being able to cook and eat at home and not living out of suitcases the whole time

We stayed in a place in Phuket before which were these really modern one bedroom bungalows, with a kitchen/living room, all set within this pool complex for 1500 a night. That was ideal but we are planning to stay in Bangkok this time and need to find something that suits us like that.

All we really need is a nice one bedroom (preferably not studio) apartment/house/hotel with a real kitchen (a microwave and a single hot plate is not a kitchen!!) for the month of October. If it has a pool then great, if not then no worries.

We'd be spending about 35,000 on hotels for the month anyways so I'd like somewhere in the budget range from there to about 50k if it's worth it.

I know I've left the criteria wide open but that's because I don't know what range of things are available in Bangkok. Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks in advance.

Check out a place called BU Place dont know were you want to be in the city this is an out of the way place with a good coffe shop and resturant down stairs. is like a hotel extended stay places but the do have a few one bedroom apt on top floors for if i remeber right is about 35 thou a month. the apartments are nice and clean have plates and dining room full kitchen, wood floors. they are nice they have a web page you can check. hope you like it if u go.

We can strongly recommend a serviced apartment in "The Narathiwas Residence" http://www.thenarathiwas.com/ who have apartments meeting your requirements. We were very happy to stay in a 1 bedroom superior apartment, which is actually a studio, in last December (34.000 Bath/month). We did not miss the seperate bedroom, as the sleeping and living areas are seperated by the bathroom. They have a free shuttle service to Chong Nonsi BTS and to Central in Rama III Road. They have an own swimmingpool, and you also have access to the larger tropical swimmingpool in Belle Park.

Thank you Mr Conrad for all of those links.

After today I'm sure I will get something sorted out, before looking through all of these links "The Narathiwas" that someone posted before looks ideal for us. I just need to check about the location and maybe have a backup in mind just in case.

I'll checkout everything you suggested too.

Thanks again.

You don’t mention what part of Bangkok, if any, you prefer. Sardinian friends of mine stayed on the Thonburi side of the Chaophraya river and loved it. I searched in their emails to me and see that they booked through theriversidebangkok.com. Not particularly cheap, they said, but luxurious and excellent service.

Hi Matt,

I am living in the RIVER BREEZE apartment for some months now. Excellent environment and quiet, this place is situated in NONTHABURY.

Easy access to the center by the ferry (the Nonthabury pier is a 2 minute walk from here).

their website is at www riverbreeze ob tc ( i am still not allowed to post an URL, wow ! what childish ! )

Good luck,

Leo.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks in advance.

Hi Matt,

I would like to recommend Sivalai Place, Isaraphab Road and Charansanitwong Road. Just 10 min drive to Wongwien yai BTS (the nearest one) and Wang Lang Pier.

I stayed at Sivalai Place for 3 month and a half months while studying abroad with my friend, and it was fantastic! We both loved it! 2 bedroom - 18,000 Baht per month. It's set way back in the soi, so you get a break from the smog and traffic. The ozone swimming pool is gorgeous, and was a great way to beat the Bangkok heat. The staff was so helpful and friendly, several spoke English very well. It was the best home away from home I could have found in BKK. I highly recommend this place. Please click this link for more info www[dot]sivalaiplace[dot]com

Cheers

post-92228-1253957162_thumb.jpg

post-92228-1253958066_thumb.jpg

post-92228-1253958176_thumb.jpg