Mustard Seed

cmjantje

I am looking for mustard seed to make my own pickles. Anyone knows where I can buy?

I dont know where you are living in Chiangmai.

But in RIMPING SUPERMARKET Ruamchoak Plaza or in thai Talat Rum Choak

You can find neary all you like in that supermarket. :)

I thought Rimping had it too, but I can't say for certain. I'm fairly sure I saw it though.

If Rimping doesn't have it, another good bet is the small shop on Ratchawong Street just north of Chang Moi. Can't remember the name exactly, but it's a small shop that stocks a lot of farang foods. Here it is on a map:

capturey.jpg

Maybe someone else can remember the name of the shop.

Edited by HTWoodson

I am looking for mustard seed to make my own pickles. Anyone knows where I can buy?

You can find neary all you like in that supermarket. :)

I searched there many times without succes.

Today however, I found Pickling Spice with... yes... mustard seed.

I will look in the shops mentioned however to look for the sole seed to make my own mix.

You can find neary all you like in that supermarket. :D

I searched there many times without succes.

Today however, I found Pickling Spice with... yes... mustard seed.

I will look in the shops mentioned however to look for the sole seed to make my own mix.

I make my own pickling spices too, and have bought mustard seeds at Rimping MeeChok. Down the back on the bulk spice rack on the left at the end of the aisle :) You can't pickle onions without mustard seeds in the mix :D

I thought Rimping had it too, but I can't say for certain. I'm fairly sure I saw it though.

If Rimping doesn't have it, another good bet is the small shop on Ratchawong Street just north of Chang Moi. Can't remember the name exactly, but it's a small shop that stocks a lot of farang foods. Here it is on a map:

capturey.jpg

Maybe someone else can remember the name of the shop.

This is Kasems store and she often times has things you can't find anywhere else.

Mustard Seeds: available at the Indian shop in Wararoot market (Kad Luang).

I have been buying my spices at Wararoot shop also and been pleased. HOWEVER, I was in Makro recently (do not go often) and they have wonderful selection of spices, including mustard seed, and good prices. Example - i bought 200g of cinnamon sticks for 45 bht. If you know of better, I would appreciate the information.

Mustard Seeds: available at the Indian shop in Wararoot market (Kad Luang).

I have been buying my spices at Wararoot shop also and been pleased. HOWEVER, I was in Makro recently (do not go often) and they have wonderful selection of spices, including mustard seed, and good prices. Example - i bought 200g of cinnamon sticks for 45 bht. If you know of better, I would appreciate the information.

Forgot about Makro. They've now got most of the spices one might need in their spice section. Haven't compared prices, but certainly looks cleaner than the Indian shop in Kad Luang. If all you need are spices and not some of the other ingredients for Indian cooking, then Makro's a good place to go. Nowadays Rimping has lot of the stuff too, though more expensively packaged. Even Carfour has some needed items like Gram Flour (chick pea flour).