Long Dubai Stopover

steve w

have a 7 hour stopover in dubai on the way back from bkk,is there an affordable solution to get my head down for a few hours? any advice on the new terminal would be appreciated as well.

Hi,

there is an airport hotel, but by all accounts its expensive.

Perhaps you could pay to use a business lounge that would offer a recliner of sorts, otherwise the terminal has those style of seats but they are dificult to get.

Good luck.

have a 7 hour stopover in dubai on the way back from bkk,is there an affordable solution to get my head down for a few hours? any advice on the new terminal would be appreciated as well.

They've got comfy chairs which you can lie quite far back on (they're designed for having a nap on). I normally get three hours sleep on one of those and then have a pot of tea and/or a pint in the Irish pub they have there. I wouldn't bother getting a hotel if i were you

I've flown several time with emirates into and out of Dubai but normally only pick flights with a short stopover but last time they had none so I ended up going with Klm, but my point is after i'd booked the flight the girl in Thomas cook(got same price as online and only had to pay deposit)said that any stops longer than 8 hours and they would have given me a hotel now not sure how true that is but worth an ask.