Please Take Small Package From Ny To Ptt

WebTsarina

Hello Pattaya Crowd!

I'm mostly a reader here, but this time I need help. I need to send a small package from New York City to Pattaya. I go every couple month back and force myself and will be happy to return the favor. Can also arrange a pick up from BKK including the airport.

If you are concerned about something fishy in the package, I can arrange delivery from Amazon directly.

PS: If there a better place to place this please let me know.

Hello Pattaya Crowd!

I'm mostly a reader here, but this time I need help. I need to send a small package from New York City to Pattaya. I go every couple month back and force myself and will be happy to return the favor. Can also arrange a pick up from BKK including the airport.

If you are concerned about something fishy in the package, I can arrange delivery from Amazon directly.

PS: If there a better place to place this please let me know.

I doubt that *anyone* on ThaiVisa would help you on this one. The rule of thumb is, never take any package on a plane unless you really know the person asking you to do this, and you can see what is in the package. The word "mule" comes to mind - and while you may be the most honest and trustworthy person on the planet, there is no way that the experienced travelers here would help you.

Rather than ship through Amazon, you could get one of your friends to post the package to you - boxes with Amazon labels tend to attract large fees from customs. Or if one of your friends comes to Thailand, he could bring it with him.

not that anyone would believe me, but i have conversed with Webtsarina and i believe she's not looking for a drug mule :) anyway, Webtsarina, you just missed me. i was home in NY just visiting family last week. i always bring a ton of candy you can't get here. of course, my wife insists i give it all away or else i'll break my teeth.

Just thinking how to say this without offence.

Never carry anything for anyone while travelling especially if you do not know them, there are many people banged up abroad because they were doing someone a favour.

If you do you need to declare any package at check-in and customs where duty will almost certainly have to be paid, (it's not yours so not included in your allowance).

Snickers?? AS in chocolate?? I thought I saw them at villa supermarket.

I wasn't sure if they meant Snickers or sneakers because Snickers are readily available here. Have a bunch in the fridge I picked up at Lotus just a few days ago. Also have seen then in 7-11, Jet service station mini-mart, etc.

C'mon people - how often someone asked to take a pair of kids shows with drugs from USA? Get off the paranoia already. Just few months ago same way I ordered some protein mix from amazon for a body builder who now lives in PTT. Obvusly I took it off the Amazon box and put into a regular bag. The guy transferred the price of the package to my payapal - and then stopped by in PTT to pick it up. How simple and helpful. I'm surprised to get this kind of reaction.

Edited by WebTsarina

I am not surprised at the reaction - rather I am relieved to see such sensible responses.

There are a lot of bad people out there with so many ways to dupe the trusting and helpful.

No disrespect to OP, and of course no implication that the OP is anything but a kind and honest person...

But the fact is that you just never know.

Even an Amazon parcel delivery is easy to fake

And the downside of falling for a con is long jail time, death, or being the cause of the death of a plane load of people.

This is not paranoia, it is facing up to the fact of the world we live in.

J.

In this case, I also don't understand why someone doesn't just buy the Snickers here in Pattaya. Almost every shop have them for about the same price as home.

Unless its... Some time ago a friend said that all chocolate in Thailand had an extra ingredient that reduced it melting in the heat, but because of that the taste wasn't the same as the ones back home. True or not I don't know.

Because Snickers are so readily available here, you just can't help but think something untoward.

They use a different forumla for Snickers in Thailand.

It is true - there's a slightly different taste between the Cadburys sold in the UK and to that sold here in Thailand, the US and elsewhere. The same also applies to Hersheys. As tombrown has already said "Some time ago a friend said that all chocolate in Thailand had an extra ingredient that reduced it melting in the heat..."

The same applies to shop produced products. I worked at Jeddah (Sea level), Taif (6000ft ASL) & Khamis Mushayt (8500ft ASL) and there was quite a distinction in taste between products bought from the House of Donuts in those three locations.

It is true - there's a slightly different taste between the Cadburys sold in the UK and to that sold here in Thailand, the US and elsewhere.

I would point out here that Cadbury's do not make the Snickers bar.

The company 'Mars' make the Snickers bar.

Do I win a Snickers?

I need shoes not candies!

And children shoes are terrible in Thailand, low quality, bad selection and worst materials. On top of it my son also has high arch, so it's nearly impossible to find anything half decent for him.

No you could not fake the package from Amazon if you don't even give your address. Just simply add the item into your Amazon wish list where enyone can buy it FOR you but without knowing anything about you.

When there is a will there is a way!

And children shoes are terrible in Thailand, low quality, bad selection and worst materials. On top of it my son also has high arch, so it's nearly impossible to find anything half decent for him.

No you could not fake the package from Amazon if you don't even give your address. Just simply add the item into your Amazon wish list where enyone can buy it FOR you but without knowing anything about you.

If anyone knows where I can buy size #13 flip-flops in Pattaya please let me know, this will save the embarrassment of starting a new thread. Thanks!

You can send shoes post. From your post office at home have someone send a registered box with (as many pairs as they need-you are correct the shoes suck here) they will arrive via EMS as they are registered. I sent a knee brace(soft) from California for $10.50 U.S. & the package got here fine. UPS <FedX, DHL or any other expensive shipping lines will kill you as you will pay duties on the shoes -yes even shoes(a lot lower price than sunglasses or electronics) & it will get here.or at least it should having tracking numbers on the item & you can see the items progress if you have the sender give you the tracking number.

It is true - there's a slightly different taste between the Cadburys sold in the UK and to that sold here in Thailand, the US and elsewhere. The same also applies to Hersheys. As tombrown has already said "Some time ago a friend said that all chocolate in Thailand had an extra ingredient that reduced it melting in the heat..."

The same applies to shop produced products. I worked at Jeddah (Sea level), Taif (6000ft ASL) & Khamis Mushayt (8500ft ASL) and there was quite a distinction in taste between products bought from the House of Donuts in those three locations.

All the chili people eat when they're in Thailand messes with their sense of taste. The snickers I eat in Pattaya taste the same as what I get back in OZ...but I don't eat chili.

If anyone knows where I can buy size #13 flip-flops in Pattaya please let me know, this will save the embarrassment of starting a new thread. Thanks!

Not sure about size 13 but I buy size 45 which equates to 11 or 12 from a shop in Pattaya Tai on the left side coming from Beach Road and about halfway to the 2nd Road traffic light. They always seem to half a lot of larger sizes so you might be lucky. Think it's a proper shoe shop but with loads of stock outside on the pavement.

• 11 months later...

I understand that this is an old subject, but if someone today carries a package for an unknown person, or even a known person, then they are an idiot. Never, Never carry packages for people, and no one should even ask that kind of favor, unless something is very fishy.