Gold Ot Mutual Funds

Just a quickie.

I have a few baht spare and was thinking of buying gold. ut the last time I bought a large amount t was 6000 baht a baht now it's way more. I'm starting to think of some money for my old age as I won't get any pension.

I haven't a clue about these matters hence asking here.

Would mutual Funds be better than gold?

It depends.In A bull Market mutual funds tend to do what the stock market does.They worked really nice from 2002 til October of 2007.But then I'm guessing most of them went down 35%-40%,or more.

About gold if you buy it when it's low you can make some money when it sells at A higher price.i'm not the one that you should be asking if the time is right to buy gold.

Can someone let him know when is A good time to purchase gold?

It depends.In A bull Market mutual funds tend to do what the stock market does.They worked really nice from 2002 til October of 2007.But then I'm guessing most of them went down 35%-40%,or more.

About gold if you buy it when it's low you can make some money when it sells at A higher price.i'm not the one that you should be asking if the time is right to buy gold.

Can someone let him know when is A good time to purchase gold?

Gold is already very expensive, but the price does fluctuate quite often. I have been buying gold for a while, but obviously, I wait for the price to drop before I buy. If you are buying for the longer-term, then you should choose the right time to buy. Also, the way you buy gold is important. Are you thinking of buying gold bullion, or jewellery..? You don't have to buy 'physical' gold, and have the security headache of where to keep it. You can buy gold 'online' from a broker, and they keep it for you. That way when you come to sell, it does not have to be assayed again. Thai gold is pretty good, in terms of purity, but only a bullion dealer will be able to supply the genuine 99.999% pure stuff.

Just a quickie.

I have a few baht spare and was thinking of buying gold. ut the last time I bought a large amount t was 6000 baht a baht now it's way more. I'm starting to think of some money for my old age as I won't get any pension.

I haven't a clue about these matters hence asking here.

Would mutual Funds be better than gold?

Gold is money, it is a store of wealth, it not a fiat currency, it is not an IOU like every other form of money is.

Edited by sokal

I don't think its the right time to buy gold now because we are sitting in the middle of the crisis and the price is to high. It sounds crazy but I think its the time to buy stocks now. They are rising and gold is going down then. Wait until the stocks are in a profitable position, then sell them and buy gold (via a good broker) at a lower price. Then wait till the next crisis and sell your gold. I don't know or you can wait such a long time so you can enjoy your pension. So its better to enjoy now and not waiting till to morrow. So live today because you never know what brings tomorrow..

• 2 weeks later...