New Passport - Transfer Of Extension Of Stay

PETERTHEEATER

I went to the Singhorn (Hua Hin branch) Immigration Office yesterday with my new PP to get the extension of stay stamps transferred.

Painless but bureaucratic. They required a copy of every page of the old PP, signed and dated plus the ID pages of the new PP. Also, two transer forms, one to go with each record. A fee of 500 ThB was demanded but no reciept issued (no surprise there then!)

The lady corporal was efficient and extremely precise in algning the rubber stamps imprints into the new PP. Still took nearly 30 minutes.

So, if you have to do the same, making the copies in advance will save time.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm about to do the same once I get my new passport.

Ask for a receipt and please report what they say.

Yeah I think I'll bring our assistant, then at least we know what they are talking about :)

I just really hate that place, such a bad vibe in there, no one is smiling usually.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm about to do the same once I get my new passport.

Ask for a receipt and please report what they say.

Yeah I think I'll bring our assistant, then at least we know what they are talking about :)

I just really hate that place, such a bad vibe in there, no one is smiling usually.

Me too! Since they moved to the north end of town they seem less friendly and have fewer smiles, plus the place always seems more crowded, which doesn't make sense as the same people should still be using the same office. I have to renew this week and am dreading it. The old Soi 102 office always seemed efficient and friendly to me.

Me too! Since they moved to the north end of town they seem less friendly and have fewer smiles, plus the place always seems more crowded, which doesn't make sense as the same people should still be using the same office. I have to renew this week and am dreading it. The old Soi 102 office always seemed efficient and friendly to me.

I think they're just fed up with being moved to a smaller office. I note that they have re-arranged the desks again to try and steamline the different processes. I assume the building they occupy now is 'subsidised'. What they should have - of course - is a purpose built office in a sensible location with parking and a seating area for customers but, I guess the police budget won't stretch.

When I went to do my 90 day a few weeks ago the lady officer was smiling, polite and efficient unlike my previous visit shortly after they opened when a surly male demanded copies of everything - signed - and took 30 minutes to record what has previously taken 2 minutes!

That's folks. Sometimes I have 'grouchy' days so when other folk do I grin and bear it.

Edited by PETERTHEEATER

True that.

I hear that the reason for the small offices they have now is that they were supposed to have moved to Prachuabkhirikhan but some company, I think the Avalon house thingy, offered them the offices they are now in, in the old hospital.

• 1 month later...

Now I finally got my new passport. So have copied all pages from the old to save the time/cost at the immigration office.

Does anybody know the opening hours of the office?

Also I have work permit, do I need some copies of that as well? Because then I might as well prepare those beforehand also.

When I went to do my 90 day a few weeks ago the lady officer was smiling, polite and efficient unlike my previous visit shortly after they opened when a surly male demanded copies of everything - signed - and took 30 minutes to record what has previously taken 2 minutes!

That's folks. Sometimes I have 'grouchy' days so when other folk do I grin and bear it.

Same here! On my second visit to the new office to renew my annual visa, they were very friendly and smiling.

Sorry D0ndella,

I don't remember the hours but I think they are similar to bank hours except that they may close for an hour at lunch time (they did that for a while when they were up on Soi 102).

Just came back from immigration.

As promised earlier, I asked for a receipt for the 500 baht they charged to transfer the visa. She looked like my hair was on fire and laughed at us. So no receipt there :)

I had followed PETERTHEEATER's advice and copied every single page of the old passport and signed them. She did not want the empty pages (without stamps), instead she wanted two copies of each page, one to go with each of the two transfer forms.

Very nice older lady, smiling and chatting about how I liked Thailand. Just the principle of paying for something that's free that bugs me. But hey, luckily it will be years before I have to renew passport again!

Very nice older lady, smiling and chatting about how I liked Thailand. Just the principle of paying for something that's free that bugs me.

I always found it funny the way they can take your money like that and be all smiles and asking you how much you like Thailand. Recently I had the visit of soldiers raising money for some charity. They relieved me of a large sum of money, and then they kept on saying how great Thailand was for foreigners, with such nice climate and nice people and also so much freedom. Freedom of what, I don't know! When I am in a good mood I usually reply that yes, Thailand is a great country with nice smiling people, nice weather and delicious food, and I really love it. Which is not totally untrue, of course! But that day I was in a bad mood because I was sick and I also resented their intrusion, so instead they had to listen while I (politely) ranted about paying higher taxes than Thai people, dual pricing policy, visa hassle and so on. Made their heart bleed, no doubt... :)