Yamaha Showroom Near Asok

Ducati

Hi...can anyone point me to a Yamaha showroom near the Asok/Sukhumvit area pls....looking for a Fino.

And whilst i'm here....what documentation do i need to buy a small scooter like the Fino...? Work Permit, passport...and ????

Hi...can anyone point me to a Yamaha showroom near the Asok/Sukhumvit area pls....looking for a Fino.

And whilst i'm here....what documentation do i need to buy a small scooter like the Fino...? Work Permit, passport...and ????

Letter from your embassy saying where you live. They are really strict on documents at the moment; in Chatuchak they will want to keep the original embassy letter, so best get as many done as possible (British Embassy gave me three, but you need to ask them nicely). Apparently all government departments are trying to show the current government that their procedures are clean of corruption, etc. So they are following rules to the book, so to speak. Before you could give them a copy of the letter, and an old one too. Letter needs to be no more than 3 months old.

PS: You can buy a new Fino from independant dealers too. If you are paying cash and want to get a good discount, buy a second hand one (say a could of months old). Only buy new if you are getting it on finance. You don't get any/much discount for cash so almost new is the smart move (unless you don't care what you pay).

Letter from your embassy saying where you live. They are really strict on documents at the moment; in Chatuchak they will want to keep the original embassy letter, so best get as many done as possible (British Embassy gave me three, but you need to ask them nicely). Apparently all government departments are trying to show the current government that their procedures are clean of corruption, etc. So they are following rules to the book, so to speak. Before you could give them a copy of the letter, and an old one too. Letter needs to be no more than 3 months old.

PS: You can buy a new Fino from independant dealers too. If you are paying cash and want to get a good discount, buy a second hand one (say a could of months old). Only buy new if you are getting it on finance. You don't get any/much discount for cash so almost new is the smart move (unless you don't care what you pay).

thx Mai chai....interestingly i found a Yamaha dealer on Rama III...the first assistant i spoke to told me the same as above...passport, work permit and letter...but about 5 minutes later when discussing the bike spec with the senior guy...he said don't worry about the letter...only work permit and passport needed! And they threw in a helmet and raincoat too. Nice dealer.

TIT

They may be able to smooth the way for you. I bought a 2nd hand bike a couple of weeks back and they insisted on the embassy letter and they wanted an original, not more than 3 months old, which they kept. I tried registering it with an old embassy letter. They told me its more than their jobs worth, and I believe three people check the documents. It may be these folks can smooth the way for you. I would try them first and and only go to the embassy if they get knocked back. :D

It is true in Thailand that when you think you know the procedure, the rules change. Nothing is set in stone. This is one of the tricky issues with living here; you never really know where you stand and are never really accepted. You will always be a foreigner and at the mercy of public opinion or the government in power :) I have been here 15 years and now don't regard Thailand as my home; I have a permanent home in my home country because of this. Sorry for the rant.

Factory dealers do seem to have a few "ins" around the beauracracy. i never needed a letter register my bike bought from a dealer, just gave them passport and wp, they did the rest. i'm just buying the step-daughter a Fino - but its going in her mothers name. Hopefully the officials won't pull the "hey, where'd you get the money for that house?" stuff with motorcycles :)

Edited by Netfan

so I guess it goes without saying that you already have a vagina? Or do they throw that in with every Fino purchase anyway? :)

ok...ok, graga...i'm prepared for the easy targets.....having had several red love machines in the UK and latterly Singapore, i died when i saw the S4 pricing here. So this is what i'm gonna do. I'm gonna mod and airbrush the Fino outta all recognition in red with white stripes with a 'my other bike WAS a ducati' slogan on the tail. that's of course if i can get a good tail chop on the fino.....ho hum....

They may be able to smooth the way for you. I bought a 2nd hand bike a couple of weeks back and they insisted on the embassy letter and they wanted an original, not more than 3 months old, which they kept. I tried registering it with an old embassy letter. They told me its more than their jobs worth, and I believe three people check the documents. It may be these folks can smooth the way for you. I would try them first and and only go to the embassy if they get knocked back. :D

It is true in Thailand that when you think you know the procedure, the rules change. Nothing is set in stone. This is one of the tricky issues with living here; you never really know where you stand and are never really accepted. You will always be a foreigner and at the mercy of public opinion or the government in power :) I have been here 15 years and now don't regard Thailand as my home; I have a permanent home in my home country because of this. Sorry for the rant.

mai chai...yep...agree...rules are fast changin'...and boken at will. luckily the sector i work in here, banking, has more stability than some.

so I guess it goes without saying that you already have a vagina? Or do they throw that in with every Fino purchase anyway? :D

ok...ok, graga...i'm prepared for the easy targets.....having had several red love machines in the UK and latterly Singapore, i died when i saw the S4 pricing here. So this is what i'm gonna do. I'm gonna mod and airbrush the Fino outta all recognition in red with white stripes with a 'my other bike WAS a ducati' slogan on the tail. that's of course if i can get a good tail chop on the fino.....ho hum....

Fair enough. On the upside, you can enjoy the wonderfully upright seating position, the little pocket at the front for purse and mobile phone, the underseat storage for the complimentary lid, and hello kitty rain gear, and not to mention the amazing fuel mileage and peace of mind that comes from knowing you're not alone out there.... :)