Loei Area

Gary A

I am looking to purchase a MIG welder from a supplier in the Loei area. I would like to be able to get the supplies here rather than having to drive 200 kilometers. The inert gas required is the biggest problem. (CO2/argon mix). Udon will be acceptable if there is no where closer.

I am looking to purchase a MIG welder from a supplier in the Loei area. I would like to be able to get the supplies here rather than having to drive 200 kilometers. The inert gas required is the biggest problem. (CO2/argon mix). Udon will be acceptable if there is no where closer.

Thanks  :o

Most of us thought you meant wedding supplies...sorry!

Of no help I know!

Have you tried the Yellow Pages?

Unless you are welding stainless, plain Co2 should be fine. I used to have a big gas bottle from the beer pumps in a pub. Put on a good gas regulator and get it filled up occasionally. Don't know where you could get it filled up round here though. I used to swap it in the pub I worked in. :o I tried the gasless wire 10 years ago and it was rubbish.

I will be heading to Loei and looking for a place that sells draft beer. Since the material will be thin mild steel I guess it doesn't make a lot of difference. Thanks for the tip. :D The Thais think I am crazy not to use a cheap arc welder. Maybe some of them could weld the thin stuff but a wire is just so much easier and gives a much better appearance. I agree the fluxed wire stinks and is expensive. :o

Unless you are welding stainless, plain Co2 should be fine. I used to have a big gas bottle from the beer pumps in a pub. Put on a good gas regulator and get it filled up occasionally. Don't know where you could get it filled up round here though. I used to swap it in the pub I worked in. :D  I tried the gasless wire 10 years ago and it was rubbish.

Arc welder :o It's like shaving your beard with a spoon.

plain old Co2 is perfect for mild steel. The regulator costs about 1500 baht and you need one with fine control as the welder only needs a little puff :D

Arc welders are only good for outdoors stuff, as you know. But even then, if you have a big gas bottle you can crank it right up if needed. One bottle I found lasts forever if you remeber to turn it off at the cock after use. One more tip though - put the welder on a trolly with wheels, and make a good hook/rope to secure the gas bottle. They are a bit top heavy and will knacker the gas regulator when it falls over. I did two before I got off my arse and made it secure on the trolly.

Oops nearly forgot - you can get the gas regulator at a big Chemist or medical supplies unit as they are used for feeding Oxygen to patients

Edited by pandit35