Transferring Visa stamps from old passport to a new one

banglay

Hello All . What is the procedure these days at Pattaya immigration office for transferring the Visa stamps from my old passport to a new one . I know things can change daily and it was 10yrs ago when I last did it .. lol 

Thank in advance .

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds quite easy. I am in Thailand on a 30 day visa exemption stamp and have got my new passport and the old passport. I intend to do the stamp transfer and will see how it goes. I see some say I should make a police report too and get a letter from UK embassy asking for stamp transfer. I didn't lose my old passport and so not sure what to report at police station. I just wanted to order a new passport as the old 1 has only a few clean pages left. And the UK passport comes not via the British Embassy but via the outsourced VFS centre in Bangkok. 

2 hours ago, Exroadman said:

This sounds quite easy. I am in Thailand on a 30 day visa exemption stamp and have got my new passport and the old passport. I intend to do the stamp transfer and will see how it goes. I see some say I should make a police report too and get a letter from UK embassy asking for stamp transfer. I didn't lose my old passport and so not sure what to report at police station. I just wanted to order a new passport as the old 1 has only a few clean pages left. And the UK passport comes not via the British Embassy but via the outsourced VFS centre in Bangkok. 

Why would you transfer a visa exempt stamp, just leave showing new and old passport

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why would you transfer a visa exempt stamp, just leave showing new and old passport

Thanks for your reply. I hadn't thought of that aspect. I came in through Nong Khai and well exit via Nong Khai at the end of July. I'll report back on how it went

Edited by Exroadman