Which Ink-refills To Buy ?

Uncle_Ho

I a new owner of a canon ip4000 printer ... great printer i must admit ..

but i am just wondering which refills or new inks to buy when i run out of the canon inks... which brand at pantip ??.. i print a lot of photos and also cd/dvd labels (built in with printer)

one more thing .. will using other brand apart from canon damage my printer ? will it also clog the head ?

void my warranty ?

thanks

Edited by Uncle_Ho

Using other inks will void your waranty

Canon will have you believe that it will damage your printer, my local computer shop wants me to believe the printer will explode.

I have used Septrom ink for three years and had no problems with an Epson printer.

I just got an IP4000 so I'd be interested to hear what recommendations you get as well. I'm still on the original cartridges.

one more thing .. will using other brand apart from canon damage my printer ? will it also clog the head ?

I bought the IP4000 to replace our previous Canon i850 which had stopped printing. I'm not sure if it was dodgy ink that broke that - I had used non-Canon cartridges (which worked fine) and then switched back to Canon. It was as soon as I started with the new Canon cartridges that I started getting problems...

To be honest though, I think I was just unlucky - I can't imagine all the printer ink stores in Pantip would stay in business if their products broke printers! :o

(and before you ask, I can't remember which brand I was using earlier so even if it was that, I may get the same problem in future...) :D

I really can't justify using refills. So far, I've found Canon ink to be reasonbly priced (around 300 baht) and have good capacity (I'm still on the first set, after nearly a year).

Unless you're going to be doing real volume printing (about 5+ CDs/day), I don't see the advantage. Not only will you be voiding your warranty, you'll also be messing around with the built-in color settings.