Electricity Bills

ChouDoufu

i was wondering what the average monthly electric charge is for people staying in studio or 1br apartments/condos.

seems that here at the loft the average is 1500-2000 per month for an aircon studio.

if y'all don't mind, could you post your average monthly 'lectric charge and note approximate room size,

aircon or fan, and anything else relevant i left out, like how much ac is used daily?

Edited by ChouDoufu

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ah, this is one of the newer apartment blocks. recently constructed, new energy-saving appliances.

five floor building, all floors are studio apartments with ac, tiny fridge, water heater, tv.

usage recorded by electronic meters, fed into computer at front desk.

electric charge is 8 baht/unit, so yes, the rate per unit has already been jacked up from

the 3-4 baht charged by the 'lectric company. but i'm thinking there might be a 'slight'

error in the desk software.

seems hard to believe that a studio apartment can use 250kw in one month.

That seems excessive. I think our bill is about the same for a 3 bedroom house, though we only really cool the bedrooms. My guess is that your landlord has jacked up the per unit cost of electricity and has each apartment submetered.

Agreed on this, I'm also in a three bedroom house, only 1 air con though, the rest is ceiling fans.

Bills are between 900 - 1,400 baht depending on the season.

I'm in a 4 bedroom house with 2 large fridges, 2 TVs (one running most of the day - sister in law :) ), computer for about 8 hours per day - more on weekends, several appliances (hot water for coffee, rice cooker, toaster, shower heater), A/C about 12 hours per day, 2 floor fans running 12 hours or more and 3 or 4 lights on about 8 hours in the evening. Last bill was 2000 Baht and cool season down around 1500 Baht.

1 bed condo here around 70+ sqm corner unit (lots of glass). home everyday with notebook on, TV in the background, hot water, micro, fridge, fans & air con units (only use the big one occasionally) Average is about 700 Baht/Mo. Cheapest bill was Feb at just 149 Baht.Mo, and most expensive was May at 980 Baht.Mo

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

That seems excessive. I think our bill is about the same for a 3 bedroom house, though we only really cool the bedrooms. My guess is that your landlord has jacked up the per unit cost of electricity and has each apartment submetered.

I think so too.

I live in a three bedroom bungalow, 10 metres by 10 metres, that`s pretty large.

One room with air con, pond pump, fridge, 5 fans running all day and some during the night, TV, 2 computers, water cooler, lighting, water heater for showers and washing machine.

Average monthly electric bill, 900 to 1000 baht.

One room with air con, pond pump, fridge, 5 fans running all day and some during the night, TV, 2 computers, water cooler, lighting, water heater for showers and washing machine.

Exactly how many units are shown on your monthly bill for all of that?

We have 8 rooms, run 2 floor fans all day and 1 all night, 1-2 A/C units sometimes but not often, 2 refrigerators, PC on 24 hours, 2 TV's, one on a good 10 hrs/day, washing machine often, plus all the usual kitchen appliances. The highest bill we ever had when running A/C often was 1127 Baht.

When I stayed at the Huay Kaew Residence my bills were 2000 or more for one room and I used the A/C sparingly!

I live in a 90 sq meter condo, facing north west. I run a/c during the nights, have a large fridge, tv, cook a lot of meals at home. I have changed my lighting over to energy efficient bulbs. April my electricity bill was about 850 baht, but now it averages at around 550 baht. I am billed at the government rate. I run two fans 24/7.

I have also lined my west facing drapes with the silver black out material, which when the sun is shining are closed and cuts the room temperature by about 5 degrees.

I live in a 90 sq meter condo, facing north west. I run a/c during the nights, have a large fridge, tv, cook a lot of meals at home. I have changed my lighting over to energy efficient bulbs. April my electricity bill was about 850 baht, but now it averages at around 550 baht. I am billed at the government rate. I run two fans 24/7.

I have also lined my west facing drapes with the silver black out material, which when the sun is shining are closed and cuts the room temperature by about 5 degrees.

whats the govt rate?

i replaced most of our lighting to energy eff. bulbs as well, some ive needed to replace not long after, so not too impressed :) wasnt a cheap brand either

was thinking the same

im in similiar situation as above minus the pond, and water cooler and we pay closer to 2000 B

was thinking the same

im in similiar situation as above minus the pond, and water cooler and we pay closer to 2000 B

Mine is much the same, plus a hot water pot on all day, and three 10 Watt energy saver security lights on all night. My last bill was 2767 baht for 710 units :)

How many units does sassienie use for all those appliances?

Edited by Maejo Man

was thinking the same

Mine is much the same, plus a hot water pot on all day, and three 10 Watt energy saver security lights on all night. My last bill was 2767 baht for 710 units :)

i just dug out my last bill- 554 units used, total cost of 2115.89 B incl vat

aircon is used some nights in 1 room

sassienie could be lucky and have a slow/faulty elec meter :D

I read on TV once that some guy out in Issan complained to his elec supply co that his meter was broken, they agreed and said they would replace it. He hasnt seen them return nor has he seen a bill for 12 months

Edited by Donnyboy

found that post

We live in Issan, just 2 people, 1 fridge, 1 water heater, and 1 tv. Usually, about 250 b per month. Two years ago the electric meter broke. I looked at it, it said weather proof but had 2 inches of water in it. We told the poo yai baan and he said not to worry about it. After a year, a guy from the electric company came and said we have to fill out a form to get a new meter. He said it would cost 400 baht for a new meter but we wouldnt have to pay for any power we have used. Its been another year and still not fixed! Mai pen lai....No one seems to care,least of all, me. Oh, by the way, I just bought an air conditioner!

Link

Edited by Donnyboy

200Sq M

3 computers, one of which is on all day, the other two several hours a day

2 fridges, one large, one small

3 aircons of which 2 are on during hot nights at 25 degrees

most lights are energy saving, 2 security lights on all night

at least 3 fans on all day and two all night when aircons are off

TV, Hotpot, oven, microwave, washing machine...

Bill: 1500-1700 most months winter or summer because Aircon usage replaced by long hot showers by some people (I won't say who, because they read this) .

When we first moved here, we stayed at a smaller place, a townhouse with just one aircon, small fridge, small TV. Hot season we all slept on two double beds in the one aircon bedroom. The landlady lived next door. Our bill was routinely 1500-1800. We didn't think much of it because it was still lower than what we were paying in HK.

After moving out, we realized that the landlady's electricity was probably connected to *our* meter, hence the high bills compared to what we're paying now for a larger place with more appliances and a higher per unit charge. Ditto on the water. Live and learn.

Well I am in a condo (self owned) and the mongrels are loading at leat 25% on to the tariff.

I think that the more info that comes in and if some one does a graph of some sort we can hit these scamming pricks where it hurts them "in their pockets"

OK if you living in a house and all other things are equal (meters functioning correct, the neighbour not connected to your supply "yes might sound funny but it happens even in civilised countries" so if it happens there you can be 100% sure that someone will be doing it here).

Out there where people are renting and have a direct contract in their own name with the power supply authority everyone should be paying the same per unit depending on the sliding scale of charges.

Just dug out two bills for you MM. :)

560 units 2140.95 (all taxes inclusive 1482.61 without tax/fees) so 2.65 Baht/unit for the raw usage

543 units 2069.95 (excluding tax/fees 1431.98) 2.64 Baht/unit for the raw usage

Thanks for that M. That tallies with the PEA (Provincial Electricity Authority)

See below

post-7622-1252496098_thumb.jpg

My last bill here on my desk was one of the highest we had in the last year since we used the A/C in August often:

299 units = 725.54 Baht + 276.72 tax + 70.16 VAT = 1072.42 Baht

Compared to similar use of appliances, fans, A/C etc. that others are using, it seems we get quite a bit of electricity for 299 units.

Edited by elektrified

was thinking the same

OK, I`m back.

My wife stuck our last bill away in a bag somewhere and I`ve been 2 hours searching for it. Found it now and here are the details:

Total bill: 1001.10 baht

Reading 26th July 2009 = 1107

Bill dated one month up to 25th August 2009, reading 1388

Units: 281

There are other Farangs living in my area and all bills average about the same.

During the cold spell in November to January when we do not use air con or fans, bills average 500 to 700 baht.

Edited by sassienie

My last bill here on my desk was one of the highest we had in the last year since we used the A/C in August often:

Compared to similar use of appliances, fans, A/C etc. that others are using, it seems we get quite a bit of electricity for 299 units.

That's 2.42 baht per KW/Hr and I wish I was getting that :)

That's 2.42 baht per KW/Hr and I wish I was getting that :D

No complaints here. :)

It is odd how the price fluctuates though. I don't really get it.

That's 2.42 baht per KW/Hr and I wish I was getting that :D

No complaints here. :)

It is odd how the price fluctuates though. I don't really get it.

i reckon its running slow :D

i was wondering what the average monthly electric charge is for people staying in studio or 1br apartments/condos.

seems that here at the loft the average is 1500-2000 per month for an aircon studio.

if y'all don't mind, could you post your average monthly 'lectric charge and note approximate room size,

aircon or fan, and anything else relevant i left out, like how much ac is used daily?

I live in a 2 bedroom and have not paid an electric bill or a water bill in over a year. I live outside the moat (Faham area) If you crank the AC all day you don't fit the program. The government picks up the tab if you are under a certain level. I have computers/sounds/and run everything normal but I guess it does'nt take much using a fan.

Slow meters are a possible answer, as there seems to be no maintainance or checking procedure in place. In my case it would seem to be the reverse, as a single occupant of my house, I just cannot see where it all goes. Even when I am away for a month, I still get a bill of around 400 baht. All that's on is the fridge (5 star rating) and three security lights. Maybe a call to the PEA for a meter check is long overdue, at least it will give me the satisfaction of knowing one way or the other. :)