Lifetime Experience Degree

You won't get into trouble as it will be rejected, but the Employment agency will keep an eye on the school and if you are found to be working then the sh*t might hit the fan. If found to be working anywhere you might be fined heavily.

You won't get into trouble as it will be rejected, but the Employment agency will keep an eye on the school and if you are found to be working then the sh*t might hit the fan. If found to be working anywhere you might be fined heavily.

The same place just had one passed for a work permit this week, which is why the suggested it to me.

• 2 months later...

The Life Experience degrees are not illegal in Thailand like in other countries. It's just the truly fake degrees like the ones you get on Khao San. My friend uses one and he works in a university in Thailand. He paid like 450 dollars for one and received the degree and transcripts from a valid, legal, and accredited university. Yes he was issued a work permit based on his craptacular "degree". I forgot the name but there are plenty of them on Google. Just don't use it in your home country, then you'll be in trouble!

a valid, legal, and accredited university

The only problem is that the "accreditation" outfits are bogus too. Created by the bogus universities.

.... but my question is still unanswered .... what about "Honorary Degrees" ??????? are they crap or not?

This from the University of Florida -- my home state:

Honorary Degrees -- Recipients

Other than the earned doctorate, the greatest recognition the University of Florida can give an individual is an honorary degree. Such awards are not given lightly, and relatively few are awarded. The awarding of an honorary degree is recognition of eminent achievement in scholarship or high distinction in public service which exemplifies the purposes and ideals of the University of Florida. More particularly, honorary degrees are awarded for
sustained achievements of lasting significance and value,
not for a single accomplishment...

Think you would qualify? Definitely NOT crap.

...or, PB, as in The Wizard of Oz, Doctor of Thinkology.

I once had a discussion with a high level Thai citizen about Honorary Doctorates in the USA.. He asked "How much does an Honorary Doctorate cost?" I said that an Honorary Doctorate from say, Harvard, does not cost anything and even if you had a lot of money and wanted to buy it you could not. "Well," was the redaction "then the USA Honorary Doctorate cannot be worth very much" in terms of prestige and clout.

...or, PB, as in The Wizard of Oz, Doctor of Thinkology.

I once had a discussion with a high level Thai citizen about Honorary Doctorates in the USA.. He asked "How much does an Honorary Doctorate cost?" I said that an Honorary Doctorate from say, Harvard, does not cost anything and even if you had a lot of money and wanted to buy it you could not. "Well," was the redaction "then the USA Honorary Doctorate cannot be worth very much" in terms of prestige and clout.

So ..Ok .. my question has been answered. Thanks. Honorary degrees are more legit than Lifetime Degrees.