Marriage Extension Photos

As this is not a question related to visas etc but merely one to gain some experiences could the mods kindly move it if I've posted it in the wrong section. Cheers.

I did my first extension of stay through marriage in BKK many years ago and the subsequent ones in Nong Khai and I've always brought with me pics of my wedding, me, wife and wardrobe etc but never been required to show them. The officers in both BKK and NK asked what was in the envelope and when I say "Wedding Pics" they just hand them back with a "Don't want them."

I know a couple of blokes who use NK and they said their pics were went through with a fine tooth comb with follow up questions regarding the relationship etc.

I'm just interested to know other folks experiences regarding pics.

Thanks.

As this is not a question related to visas etc but merely one to gain some experiences could the mods kindly move it if I've posted it in the wrong section. Cheers.

I did my first extension of stay through marriage in BKK many years ago and the subsequent ones in Nong Khai and I've always brought with me pics of my wedding, me, wife and wardrobe etc but never been required to show them. The officers in both BKK and NK asked what was in the envelope and when I say "Wedding Pics" they just hand them back with a "Don't want them."

I know a couple of blokes who use NK and they said their pics were went through with a fine tooth comb with follow up questions regarding the relationship etc.

I'm just interested to know other folks experiences regarding pics.

Thanks.

Many years on marriage extensions too. The only thing they never asked are marriage or home pics.

Luckily,I may add,because I refused to have them (free) on my wedding! :)

i just did my extension a month ago!

the officer told me exactly what pictures she need: 1. front of the house, 2. in the living room 3. on the bed 4. front of the wardrobe!

she didnt want any photo from the marriage, not even asked about it...

unfortunately we didnt have photo with the wardrobe so we had one more run to suan plu... but finally everything went well

My boss does. Every year, they ask for 3 new photo's. One must be in front of their home in Bangkok, showing clearly the house and the number on the house, the other two are not so particular. He makes a joke, as he hires a photographer and expenses it against the company.

Hopefully, I might get the job this year :)

My wife had our wedding photos ready on the first home visit a few years back, and I beleive the officers

skimmed through them.

Do you know how many of your acquaintances have had a home visit astral?

Sorry I can't help there, as I do not have direct contact with any other married farangs,

but reports here in the forum suggest that such visits are not unusual.

It may depend on where you live.

We have an Immigration office in the town, as it is a port, so a home visit is easy.

The men who come are plain clothes and not the ones I see in the office.

They also ask for a local/neighbour to sign to verify that my wife and I do live together.

We have an Immigration office in the town, as it is a port, so a home visit is easy.

The men who come are plain clothes and not the ones I see in the office.

Thanks. I thought that might be the case. I just couldn't figure out the logistics of somebody right out in the sticks getting a visit from an immi office over 200k away. I mean it would have to be an immi officer wouldn't it. I assume they don't ask the local cops to pop round for somebody in Nakhorn Nowhere.

Edited by mca

Years ago in Bangkok they sent someone around to the condo and asked reception about us. Later, due to lack of manpower they said, they asked for some pictures instead. For years now they have not asked for anything. Even after the move up North a quick chat was all they needed to feel that they had what they needed.

Marriage Extension Photos, Have you had to show them?

The topic title reminds me of a telegram read out at a mates wedding reception many years ago.

" Good luck to you both, may all your problems be little ones and please send honeymoon photos, preferably mounted. "

The place cracked up!! :)

Have always dealt with the Kanchanaburi office and in all the years of extentions (marriage) have never been asked for any photos. Neither have I been asked for a map of where I currently live (10 years at current address). They did visit the shop my wife and I had in town about 13 years ago.

Having now said this, it would be sod's law that they will want photos and maps when I do my next extention :)

Hi Guys,

After reading all this stufff about extensions (I'm due to do my first at the end of this month!!!); is it better to get an extension or as some of my friends due just get another NON-O from another country. Last year I got mine from KL, and one of my friends goes to Singapore to do it every year!

Seems a lot of hassle and journeying into the unknown doing it in Thailand!.

Cheers,

Kyle