I Need A Xmpp Server And Client Software

Khun Jean

I am looking for XMPP server software that is free or not costing an arm and a leg and most importantly reliable.

It has to work on a Windows 200x server.

I don't need file transfer, VOIP and all the other fancy stuff. Just messages and a server that is capable of room chats and storing messages send to an offline user.

I tried Jive Messenger server. Was the only open source/free product that looked finished. On the server side everything works fine, setting up user and groups no problem. I do have problems logging in to this server from several clients. Except JAJC, this one does the login good, but in my opinion this program is far far from ready to be used in a production environment.

The server setup of Jive was really easy. And the clients use only a JID and password. Seems to me not many things can go wrong there, but 3 out of 4 having login problems is strange. At that moment i suspect the server software but i am unable to determine for sure which ones are at fault.

Does anybody have experience and recommendation of a good server and client software that works well together. I find it strange that something described as good as XMPP still has so many problems.

I have a few hundred users who will be using this system.

A XMPP room chat client that can be used in a webpage would be great. java/vb script, applet or flash would be acceptable.

Info very welcome.

thanx,

Jean