Lifespan Of Electronaical Purchased In Thailand

DonJuanDemarco

I rarely have problems with stuff purchased in the USA. I buy all name brand here and it will often fail. What could be the reason. Products to fail me:

Ipod

Ipod Head Phones

Asus Motherboard

Asus Graphic Card

A second Asus Graphic Card

3 different Microsoft Mouses

Play Station 2

Heat?

Electrical Sockets delivering too much power?

Products here are really copies or have been refurbished? Why is it that so often here when you buy a product it looks like the box has been opened 55 times previously?

The good thing is that I have never had any problems using a warranty to get a new one.

I think it's a combination of heat/humidity, and a power system that frequently fluctuates. I would suggest that you invest in a UPS. That will at least level out the current to your computer a bit. That being said, I still had a motherboard die on me here after only a year of use, but I think it may have been a case of crappy capacitors.

I think it's a combination of heat/humidity, and a power system that frequently fluctuates.

I have to agree that these are factors. See a PC in action in a non aircon room at the height of the hot season and hear the poor single onboard fan running like a demon. In my latest PC I bought one of those Darth Vader gaming cases with 4 massive fans and I use it in an aircon room too.

I lost a hard drive to a power cut. Simply woudn't reboot. Learned my lesson there. I've got a UPS now which will at the very least let me shut the computer down safely if the power goes out.

I think it's a combination of heat/humidity, and a power system that frequently fluctuates.

Agreed.

Another factor is lightning strikes in the rainy season that send spikes down the line,

both electric and telephone!!

I am not sure how you can protect against this?

A UPS may help, but then the UPS gets fried, instead of the appliance it protects.

In the extreme this is what happened to my neighbour's electric meter.

post-7384-1252825354_thumb.jpg