Bank Safety Box Wanted

Who can help me to get a safety box inside any bank around Pattaya or Sattahip or Chonburi. Every bank we ask for it dont have empty ones, we offer to give a reasonable bank deposit but no chance, we are also willing to pay for the succesful recommendation.

I can't help you get a Safety deposit box, but I secured one three years ago at the Asoke branch of Bangkok Bank by opening a 1MillionThaiBaht savings account with them. The savings scheme lasts for until 2016, it has a pathetic 3% rate of interest and I pay 1,500baht per year to rent the box. I think that all larger banks will have boxes but there is usually a queue. Ask along these lines. Good luck.

Who can help me to get a safety box inside any bank around Pattaya or Sattahip or Chonburi. Every bank we ask for it dont have empty ones, we offer to give a reasonable bank deposit but no chance, we are also willing to pay for the succesful recommendation.

I had to call 6 banks to find one with a vacant box. The prices were reasonable though at 1500 Baht a year.

You just need to keep calling each branch in the phone book, or better, have a Thai do it as if you call in English they'll just answer "No have" no matter if they do or not.

Seems weird that something that is permanently sold out at every bank branch hasn't had its price raised or more supply put in by the banks, or even an entrepreneur offering the service.

Yes, you just have to keep asking round. I have been through this process. The amazing thing to me was that each bank didn't have a central register so they could say "we don't have one available here, but i can see that there is one available at our branch in X".

Also do a Thaivisa forum search in the relevant regional forum ... there are threads on this topic every few months and you may get some ideas of which banks/branches are better prospects. Note that some banks (but not all) will only offer the box service if you commit to some sort of fixed term account or similar

Hi all, thanks for your replies. Thanks to the tiredless effort of a thai friend who called around 50 bank branches I've got a box at the Siam City Bank Pattaya Branch, I had to open a savings acc with a permanent deposit of 20K THB and had to prove that we own a condo here.