How Much Is A Small Apartment In Bangkok?

HalfSquat

Hello,

Could anyone tell me how much a small apartment, studio or one bed room would cost to rent in Bangkok, somewhere fairly near a Skytrain station would be good?

Interested in modest places but that are clean, safe and secure.

Cheers!

Hi there

I live in Chatujak area.

Close to Central Plaza Lad Phrao, shopping mall.

Studios and 1 bedroom apartments, fully furnished, with tv, and micro, go for 7-13000 per month.

That is within 10-20 minutes walk to Subway and Sky train station near the mall.

The places around this area mostly have security and gates.

I dont know how well you know Bangkok, and if you know this area.

Taxi to Sukhumvit is 90-110 Bt.

Outside rush hours, with taxi, via the toll way, takes 13 minutes.

Hello,

Could anyone tell me how much a small apartment, studio or one bed room would cost to rent in Bangkok, somewhere fairly near a Skytrain station would be good?

Cheers!

I have found this website to be the best (large, most informative and easiest to navigate) in BKK for all real estate.

www.acuterealty.com

Edited by oldgeezer

I rent a two bedroom, two bathroom townhouse for 8k not far from the skytrain.

I find the best way to find somewhere is to choose the area and then pay a motorbike taxi to look around for a place for you. Helps if you speak the language or know someone that does..

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Dude,

There are so many options. You can get a place for as cheap as 3000 baht a month. I know a few guys that keep a place that costs this much rented all year round, but only come to Thailand for 2 months at a time 2 or 3 times a year. For 3000 baht you can a decent place, not great but ok. Check around Thong Lor area, near petchburi end of the street on the small soi's there are several places from 3000 baht up to 20000 baht. for studios and one bedrooms, 2+ bedroom are more.

Studios and 1 bedroom apartments, fully furnished, with tv, and micro, go for 7-13000 per month.

Thanks for the reply. That is about £123 - £229 which sounds pretty good. I take it there is no pool or gym? :)

Nope, you can definitely get places in that price range with a pool and gym, I know many who have apartments for 10,000 baht or less in big tall buildings with a pool and a gym.

Hello,

Cheers!

go have a look here http://en.9apartment.com/ you find a lot. I was 2 years in

http://www.9apartment.com/vip-en/?Apartmen...=07319726512720 ask for 6th to 8th floor and you have a nice view too :)

hi thaibear..yeh high floors can be good but ive found they get a lot hotter and so the need for aircon 24/7

depends how far you want to go away from the BTS..If you dont mind a 40 minute 13bht bus ride to the BTS you can get air con,hire tv,hire fridge,pay tv included,wireless net included add the extras for power and water...works out around 5500 tops a month

And if you want to be live like a monk and have no mod cons you can go as low as 3000 im told :)

5000 Baht to 7000 Baht is the cheapest for a cheap one bed room apartments. I live in a 5500 Baht apartment with a air con( which I rarely use), a fridge , a sofa and a Computer table ! Its really good. Market in Vibhavadi Rangsit 11is 5-10 min walk and close to Central lad prao ,