Tourist visa with air ticket

If one has a valid Thailand travel visa, will the airlines accept a one way ticket UK-Thailand?

Is there any hard and fast rules on this. I got away with it once, but that was  a while ago, before all of these 'Changes'.

Paranoia is setting in, I remember when check in never even to look in your passport for Thai Visas!

Dr.PP is correct but why as cost is same generally or s;ightly higher. A tip is to check an onward flight say to Singapore or HK as they are about same then make stopover in Bkk that way you have one visa run paid for in advance and an onward ticket with onward on return. Plus best laid plans can go amuck

Various airlines policy on accepting a one way traveller to Thailand will vary...but if you show your GoldCard or similar they will accept you anyway.

I have NEVER had the Thai Immigration ASK for proof of return ticket or onward flight, but I have had airlines ask for it. The credit card satisfies them.

Various airlines policy on accepting a one way traveller to Thailand will vary...but if you show your GoldCard or similar they will accept you anyway.

I have NEVER had the Thai Immigration ASK for proof of return ticket or onward flight, but I have had airlines ask for it. The credit card satisfies them.

The traveller is responsible to have all visas required. If you are denied entry the airline has to pay a fine of Baht 20,000 and fly you back at their cost. However, they got very good lawyers who might be able to convince you to pay for such costs and fines.

That's why a credit card can help.

We know, airlines ask (in my case on 50% of all check-ins), for a return ticket or visa. But why does the immigration guy never ask for it? Sorry, I am still confused, the MFA-web-site talks about

"TOURIST VISA EXEMPTION (39 countries)

- The applicant must possess instrument of means of living expenses 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly." No word of:

"- The applicant must produce instrument of means of transport (full paid ticket) which is usable within 15 days since the date of entry." as required for

"TEMPORARY TOURIST VISA : VISA ON ARRIVAL" (These are the 15 days for 14 countries)

I read from this, for a 30-days visa exempted entry you do not need a ticket, for a 15 days VOA you need one.

Correct me where I am wrong. I also asked before, who says you need to have a chop of another country in your pp

b4 able to come back?

I still recommend, have a visa or return - ticket and go in the other country through immigration just to avoid too many questions.

Some will some wont.  

Dr PP, sorry you are wrong there.  If the airline isnt happy about onward travel they can refuse to accept you.  Visa or no Visa.

It happened to me in March this year with KLM.  I had a Non imm B visa and a 1 way ticket.  They were not going to accept me until I produced all the letters from my employer that I used to get the Visa, even then it had to be referred up to a manager at my insistence - the supervisor was going to refuse as well.

kiwiinasia - It doesnt matter that immigration at BKK dont check for onward travel if the airline doesnt let you fly there in the first place.  I dont see how flashing a Gold Card helps you with a foreign countries immigration rules.

If the check in does question you, options are

1) say you are travelling out by land, give details of where you are going next ( even if they are made up )

2) be polite but insistent at all times

3) have a onward ticket and then get it refunded when you get here if you dont want it

I think the airlines are a bit sketchy about all of the rules themselves. Most decent Consulates would issue a letter or endorse your visa saying something like ' Holder permitted to travel on a one way ticket '

What worries the airlines most is the rules that have them fined 20,000 baht for carrying someone who is denied entry and they have to carry that ticketless being out of the country again free of charge.

"TEMPORARY TOURIST VISA : VISA ON ARRIVAL" (These are the 15 days for 14 countries)

I read from this, for a 30-days visa exempted entry you do not need a ticket, for a 15 days VOA you need one.

Correct me where I am wrong.

You are wrong. :o   I suspect the 15 day quote is just a holdover from the days when this was the max for all visaless entry.  The airlines clearly state 30 days as requiring a return or onward ticket on official sites.  This is a good site for visa/passport information Delta International Travel