Looking For Internet Solution - Edge, Satellite Or...?

crab

I am moving to a house in the hills above Pak Chong in Korat. No fixed-line telephone or internet is available. I am technically ignorant and should be very grateful for advice from the savvy on this forum.

Might a true (True?) satellite connection be possible and at what sort of cost? Alternatively, I have heard mention of Edge in connection with mobile telephone networks. My interest is for my computers, desktop and laptop, not for any sort of telephone. What sort of card and what network is most recommendable?

And, yes, I have done some searching on this forum, but have so far failed to come up with any clear solutions to my specific problem.

Help, please.

OP I live north of Korat and use EDGE via my mobile phone connected by bluetooth or wire to USB port on PC. I like the wired method best because my phone gets charged at the same time. Service has been okay but download speeds do vary throughout the day depending on network capacity. My normal download speeds run in the 10 to 24 KB range with the faster speeds being in the morning.

I currently use AIS prepaid plan that cost 350 baht plus tax for 100 hours in 30 days. AIS has many different options.

I live in the south on the coast. Very bad for mobile phones and there isn't a land line. AIS put a station that gives

us a good signal. We get about 40 to 50 when it is working ok. Good for email and not too heavy web. Basic modem about

3500 baht. 200 baht for 50 hours. That's about a month for me. Pretty simple to set up. If you can get a reasonable signal from DTAC probably should go that route. The signal is supposed to be a lot better. http://edgethailand.com/ Check it out and give them a call. so not too bad. I looked at satellite and it was about 1700 per month.

OP I live north of Korat and use EDGE via my mobile phone connected by bluetooth or wire to USB port on PC. I like the wired method best because my phone gets charged at the same time. Service has been okay but download speeds do vary throughout the day depending on network capacity. My normal download speeds run in the 10 to 24 KB range with the faster speeds being in the morning.

I currently use AIS prepaid plan that cost 350 baht plus tax for 100 hours in 30 days. AIS has many different options.