Top End Hotel Hua Hin/cha Am

teatree

I stay at the Sofitel Centara once or twice a year. Idyllic. 3 pools, landscaped gardens. Colonial style. Very good buffet breakfast. Afternoon tea and chocolate buffet a must if you're a gannet like me. Restaurants and shops right outside the entrance but you can't hear a thing. Tuk Tuk boys outside won't rip you off.

http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-0891-sofit...las/index.shtml

Rooms start at about 5k baht if I remember correctly.

Try the Alila Cha Am

Nice botique style hotel in a modern style with huge rooms and nice pool. During this low season if you stay more than one night you can get some really special offers if you book directly on the hotel website.

If you look for something in Hua Hin you should try the Hyatt. Nice and modern hotel which is regarded by many as Hua Hin best hotel.

The Sofitel despite being in the city center of Hua Hin is not such a good choice. Beach is terrible (dirty and with a lot of sellers and drunk locals during weekend) And it is quite over prized for what they offer

Afternoon tea and chocolate buffet a must if you're a gannet like me.

:):D:D:D

And I thought I was the only gannet!! Intravenous chocolate freak!

They've got a chocolate fountain mate. Strawberries and kiwi pieces you just hold under a the chocolate stream. Chocolate mousse, chocolate cheesecake, chocolate cake, chocolates white, dark, milk, - top quality the works. Willy Wonka in the flesh!

Could anyone recommend a top end hotel (Sofitel etc) in HH/Cha Am?

What kind of price would a typical room be?

Thanks

Stayed at both the Sofitel Private Cabana's (12,000 to 14,000) with their dinky pool and Hilton Suite (8,000 to 10,000). I choose the Hilton suite because it has a huge outside balcony large enough to host a good party, excellent sunrise and sunset views, fantastic pool, excellent breakfast and restaurants. The bathroom is super huge with separate glassed in shower and tub. 4 poster bed, living room is all glass windows giving a beautiful view at night. It's pricy but you get what you pay for. I would never hesitate to use the Hilton again. As far as the beach, in front of Hilton is fine but when you walk to the right you have to pass through the public area in front of Sofitel Villas that is trashy, but keep walking around the corner the beach is excellent.

post-91890-1253534503_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nio