Pattaya Is Busy For September

Ulysses G.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya is quite busy for what is normally the slowest time of year.

I predict a decent high season if no political problems and the swine flu does not get worse. :)

I predict a riot, Saturday 19th Sept 2009 if things go according to plan with the red shirts ect.. :D

I predict a decent high season if no political problems and the swine flu does not get worse. :)

Do you have any indications for your prediction ?

Worldwide, the number of unemployed is rising and although Bernanke says: "Recession over"....and says the recession is "very likely" done it doesn't mean that the problems are gone. Far from that and the first thing people are cutting expenses into is their -expensive- long distance holidays.

Personally, I don't see a glorious high season for inbound Western tourists nor for Asian tourists who count for more than 60% of the total inbound Thai tourism.

Hope I'm wrong for Thailand's sake though.

LaoPo

Yes, if things are so terrible, why is Pattaya full of bald, tattoed scumbags drinking from 6 AM - 6 AM in low, low season and many massage parlors and poontang bars are busy as well? It has been mostly dead until now. Things are getting better no matter how much some depressed Daniels amongst us wish it were not true! :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

Yes, if things are so terrible, why is Pattaya full of bald, tattoed scumbags drinking from 6 AM - 6 AM in low, low season and many massage parlors and poontang bars are busy as well? It has been mostly dead until now. Things are getting better no matter how much some depressed Daniels amongst us wish it were not true! :D

I believe its the bald, tatooed scumbag convention.

Because these Bald tattoed scumbags are always in Pattaya. Retired, not employes part of the year, already have money, these people are not tourists, they are professional Thai bums. Pattaya has always been a hang out for lower class farangs. Some are rich lower class farangs :D Whatever the world keeps spinning :D I agree tourism is not on the minds of most people now--surviving might be a better word.

Because these Bald tattoed scumbags are always in Pattaya. Retired, not employes part of the year, already have money, these people are not tourists, they are professional Thai bums. Pattaya has always been a hang out for lower class farangs. Some are rich lower class farangs :D Whatever the world keeps spinning :D I agree tourism is not on the minds of most people now--surviving might be a better word.

No need for me anymore to answer the esteemed Ulysses G. :D ..you said it all.

@Capealava....I just noticed you're only 3 days older than I am....where have you been all those years ? ...sleeping on Patong Beach ? :D

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

I have seen a slight increase in numbers but then it has been so quiet these past few months so I would expect this

On your comments about bald tattoed men I know a few very good men that fall into this bracket including one that has run a charity club for many years so they are not all bad

On your comments about bald tattoed men I know a few very good men that fall into this bracket including one that has run a charity club for many years so they are not all bad

No, they are not all bad and I use the term "scumbags" with affection here. Most of them are drinking at 6 AM and not bothering anyone. They can be as bald and tattoed as they like if they spend money and don't stomp the other customers, but I admit that I have never seen so many in one place before.

Capealava says that they are expats, rather than tourists, but I visit Pattaya all of the time and very few bald expats are drinking at hotel bars early in the morning and going to the non-traditional massage parlors in the afternoon and Go-Gos at night. These are tourists and they are spending money and it bodes well for high season! :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Why in the world would people living in Pattaya care if their were tourists or not? Thailand does not depend on Tourism for the majority of thge countries income. With all the crime in Pattaya, the entire city would be better off with less people this time of year. It will be busy for dec. and Jan.

Barry

drinking from 6 AM - 6 AM in low, low season and many massage parlors and poontang bars are busy as well? :

You have been out playing late haven't you. :)

Someone has to keep an eye on the genuine number of tourists visiting Thailand and I know my duty when I see it! :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

I believe its the bald, tatooed scumbag convention.

Ya, that's part of the reason, but I've always had this theory that there's a "Bald, Tattooed Scumbag" magnet buried in the middle of Pattaya. It's buried deep enough that we can't see it but not deep enough to lose its effect.

Actually, I don't think it's nice to refer to the majority of Pattaya's regulars that way. After all, we should live and let live because for many men, it's "hair today and gone tomorrow"

Edited by Beacher

Why in the world would people living in Pattaya care if their were tourists or not?

Good question. I certainly don't care. The less the better as far as I'm concerned.

I've never seen Pattaya quiet. Less busy and more busy, but never quiet.

:D Yes, if things are so terrible, why is Pattaya full of bald, tattoed scumbags drinking from 6 AM - 6 AM in low, low season and many massage parlors and poontang bars are busy as well? It has been mostly dead until now. Things are getting better no matter how much some depressed Daniels amongst us wish it were not true! :D

..they drink from 6-6 to avoid a hangover which is worse than being drunk. that way they also don't give a dam_n what bernanke has to say or

not say.....who is bernanke anyway........????? :D

The Scandinavian currency is currently very strong towards the Thai Baht, so all the Skandinavian travel agencies report tons of tousits visiting Thailand in this high season!

In Khanom and Sichon where I live, all hotels are already fully booked for Christmas and New Year!!

Edited by olsen

Interesting observation...mine is just the opposite...that Patters is still dead (but we are in a shoulder season with all the Euros back at work, foreign backpackers and college students back in school, and the Euro-winter still a couple months away). I think the "high season" will be another bad one due to the Great Recession and the likely increase in H1N1 cases and over blown news reports about them scaring off skittish North Asian and European tourists. :D

Maybe by next high season (Fall 2010) the world will be ready to open their collective wallets and splurge on a trip to Thailand. It's likely that by then, many people will want to just forget the Great Recession and go out and have some fun :D

Edited by PattayaBunLover

I am actually optimistic this will be a good high season if not derailed by the upcoming protests.

A place like Pattaya may do particularly well as I think regulars can maybe miss one year but two years may be out of the question. Places like Soi B could do particularly well as I do believe visitors will reduce expenses by taking a step down in accomodation venues, meals, etc.

Yes, if things are so terrible, why is Pattaya full of bald, tattoed scumbags drinking from 6 AM - 6 AM in low, low season ...

Unemployed Euro hooligans on the dole and living rough and cheap in Thailand?

Do agree, however, that they are most undesirable...and if we have to depend on them to keep Patters humming we are truly <deleted>@d :)

Yes, if things are so terrible, why is Pattaya full of bald, tattoed scumbags drinking from 6 AM - 6 AM in low, low season ...

Do agree, however, that they are most undesirable...and if we have to depend on them to keep Patters humming we are truly <deleted>@d :)

Most of my friends that live here in Pattaya, like I do are not even expats?

More tax exiles, we certainly are not (Very) fat, tattooed, scumbags drinking 24/7.

Interesting observation...mine is just the opposite...that Patters is still dead (but we are in a shoulder season with all the Euros back at work, foreign backpackers and college students back in school, and the Euro-winter still a couple months away). I think the "high season" will be another bad one due to the Great Recession and the likely increase in H1N1 cases and over blown news reports about them scaring off skittish North Asian and European tourists. :D

Maybe by next high season (Fall 2010) the world will be ready to open their collective wallets and splurge on a trip to Thailand. It's likely that by then, many people will want to just forget the Great Recession and go out and have some fun :D

Maybe we are both right. I think this year will be OK - but better than expected - and maybe next year will be back to normal, but there will be money to be made as compared to the disaster that many Chickem Littles are (pretty much always) predicting.

Nice attitude, suggest maybe you have relocated to the wrong part of LOS, try Hua Hin, where I feel you maybe more suited.

Pattaya is what is is, always has been always will be, its these Euro trash that are actually spending money and keeping Pattaya afloat.

Patters, never heard of it, are we from the shires old bean?