Letter Of Intent ?

A business has expressed interest in hiring me to work here in Thailand. The owner of this business has told me I can get a busines visa? by showing a letter from his company stating that he has interest in hiring me.

Could anyone shed a little light on this situation?

Thai Consulate

Perth West Australia

Dear Sir/Madam,

XXXX Co.,Ltd. wishes to employ the services of Mr.XXXX (Passport number:xxxxxxxxx)in the role of Sales Manager,his duties will necessitate the need to promote our product overseas by way of Property Exhibitions and Road Shows,thus I would ask of you to extend a 12 month multiple entry visa to Mr. XXXX to allow fluency of our operations.

With Thanks

Yours sincerely

XXXX Managing Director XXXX Ltd

You'll need the type B visa to apply for your work permit here.

Actually, that is not quite true. You can apply for a WP without having a Non-Immigrant visa. You just can't collect your WP without the Labour Department seeing your Non-B/Non-O visa. But in the Op's case it does not of course affect him.

I think it's possible to obtain a Non-Immigrant Type B visa from any Thai consulate. KL should be fine with a valid LOI.

The letter in the OP is addressed to the Thai consulate in Perth. I assume there is a good reason for that, and is the best place for him to obtain Non-B visa. Within the region no embassy or consulate is going to issue a Non-B visa unless you already have a work permit or can provide Form WP3 (receipt for application for work permit) from the Labour Department. Within the region you will also need to provide full company documentation (audited accounts, company registration documents, tax returns etc) in addition to a LOI. These are not required (apart from LOI) if applying outside the region.

Do you think it would be possible to get this done in KL?

KL will only issue you with a single entry Non-B visa as you will not be able to provide a work permit, giving you a 90 day stay, but there is a process you will need to go through:

1) Your employer needs to present the appropriate application papers to the Labour Department for your work permit to obtain Form WP3

2) Once you have obtained Form WP3 you can apply for your Non-B visa at a neighbouring embassy/consulate (you will need full company paperwork from your employer).

3) Once you have your Non-B visa you have to show this to the Labour Department before they will handover your work permit.

You need to check that your employer will support your application to immigration to extend your permission to stay based on employment after the initial 90 days, assuming you meet the requirements. That will require a salary of 50k a month for westerners (varies on nationality) and your employer will have to provide 2 years audited accounts and tax receipts to immigration.

If that is going to be a problem you would be best to obtain a multiple entry Non-B visa in Perth. That will give you a 90 day permission to stay on each entry during the validity of the visa. You will have to do border runs every 90 days. Do a border hop just before your visa expires and you will get a further 90 days permission to stay, stretching your visa to 15 months.