Hotels In Surin

mackayae

Which is the best hotel in Surin? My wife, myself and two children will be staying in Surin for a few days in mid October. Looking for a good hotel, I have heard of three: 1. Thong Tarin Hotel. 2. Petchkasem Hotel. 3. Surin Majestic Hotel. Thanks in advance.

Which is the best hotel in Surin? My wife, myself and two children will be staying in Surin for a few days in mid October. Looking for a good hotel, I have heard of three: 1. Thong Tarin Hotel. 2. Petchkasem Hotel. 3. Surin Majestic Hotel. Thanks in advance.

Hi

Check out tripadvisor dot com

Thay are good with reader reviews.

Hi

I have stayed in all three and now live in Surin.

Along with everyone else, I would recommend the Majestic as the best. It has a far nicer swimming pool and is the newest hotel of the bunch mentioned. Second, I would say the Thong Tarin, Nice beer garden/restaurant, Good food(OK B'fast), near to entertainment area. Petchkasem Ok, near shops, good restaurant.

Hope this helps you decide

Dave

I would also vote for the Majestic. The one thing I would say though is that I would anticipate that it will eventually fall back behind the Thong Tarin when the 'newness' wears off. This is because if you look closely the quality of the fittings and fixtures (doors, handles, furnishings, air con units) is rather inferior, and will not in my view stand the test of time as well as the Thong Tarin. The Majestic is also rather minimalistic when it comes to lobby and other ancilliary services. Initially there was no restaurant and this was tacked on as a separate adjacent building. So the hotel is currently good, but not that good. The Thong Tarin has all the facilities and accoutrements of a full-service establishment, even if it is a little worn.

Edited by citizen33

Right.......................................now it's my say.

Majestic is #1 in Surin now, although the breakfast is terrible. Customers get round that somehow, with a 4 min 50sec walk.

Tong Tarin is OK, but as people say dated. Biggest problem with TT is price fluctuations. Book by internet it will cost you 1,500+, walk in it's 710, but the customers we send there get rooms for 400.

Petchkasem is also OK at around 600

White Elephant is lovely with indoor swimming pool, but a little out of town. Prices around 500

Both Jit Sawat & Martina are brand new, neither has a pool, Jit Sawat does not have a restaurant either, they prefer to shuttle customers to us. Both around 350/400

For something different Tarzan Hut or Tree House as it is now known is nice. Price for their special room is 1,000 baht. Other rooms 100-350 baht.

If you want something simple, not bad, bit noisy, with a bevy of girls waiting to greet you after you book in, then Sang Thong is favourite. Right in town center. Rooms from 80-450 baht

Maneroote is a nice hotel as well.Biggest drawback is the non-English speaking staff. I once wanted to book a party of 10 into the hotel one evening. Was told " Solly no speekee engis. Tomollow call" although that stinks of Thai businessship.

Krisada Grand is also new, but again no pool or restaurant. Rooms 450.

There are about another 20 ( Surin has around 30 hotels and appartments) but these are the pick.

Right in town center.

Were is that, Martin. Sounds interesting??

Dave

Actually, believe it or not, it is " Right in the Town center"

Thanks for that! I got more help from your website, than you :)

I was more interested in your comments about helpful girlies meet n greeting you?

Not just idle curosity, a group of guys I know, are looking for a happy place to stay :D

Dave

I was more interested in your comments about helpful girlies meet n greeting you?

Not just idle curosity, a group of guys I know, are looking for a happy place to stay :D

Dave

If the meeting arrangements are as good as Martin indicated, I would imagine the group of guys seeking accommodation will expand to a possy of perves! :D

Edited by prakhonchai nick

Dave

If the meeting arrangements are as good as Martin indicated, I would imagine the group of guys seeking accommodation will expand to a possy of perves! :D

Shouldn't that have been " A pussy of perves?"

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if it is too late for you....

The Maneerote

I have kids also and stayed at the Maneerote. I checked out all the better hotels and the Maneerote was easily the best value and a high quality hotel (think big marble bathrooms and huge, comfortable beds). Frankly, some of the other "good" hotels recommended either looked a bit tired or overpriced, or both. The Maneerote is well run; very quiet and very clean. The only thing it lacks is a pool. I paid 600B per night. My local Surin friends also recommend the Maneerote as the best deal in town.

It is true the reception staff don't always speak the greatest english (which meant we didn't realize buffet breakfast was included until the last day), but we found that at least through the day there was always one staff member that spoke good enough English to help us out.

I am also planning to visit mid October and will definately book this hotel again. Who knows, I might even see you there.