Clear Map Of Bangkok's Expressway

opalhort

I've been searching for a map but only the very standard versions can be found on-line (I know all the routes).

Am mostly interested to see exactly where the exit/entry points are and as for exit points if only a left or also a right turn is possible.

Right now I'd like to know if coming from Dao Khanong is there an exit (on the 2nd stage) at Sathorn road and is a right turn possible or not.

opalhort

I've been searching for a map but only the very standard versions can be found on-line (I know all the routes).

Am mostly interested to see exactly where the exit/entry points are and as for exit points if only a left or also a right turn is possible.

Right now I'd like to know if coming from Dao Khanong is there an exit (on the 2nd stage) at Sathorn road and is a right turn possible or not.

opalhort

Northbound on Stage 2, yes, there is an exit to Sathorn, and yes, you can then make a right turn onto Sathorn. However, the traffic light for that is a brief one.

If you do a Google search for "map of Bangkok", and click on the Google map, principal streets are shown in yellow, and expressways (including on and off ramps) are shown in orange. The exit for Sathorn is quite a bit south of Sathorn, the down ramp begins just north of Chan Road.

Edited by allane

Thanks allane for your info.

Yes I did a google map search but it was not 100% clear and of course no indication if a right turn is possible.

Destination: Sathorn Soi 13 (our son's school), coming from the Suksawat expressway entrance.

Yesterday my wife took our son there, exit at Sathupradit Rd and then up the new Naratiwat Ratcha Nakarin Rd, but traffic was very bad at the Sathorn junction and it took 1hr15min.

Your reply came in this morning just after my wife and son left again for the same destination, called her and she followed your advise. Total trip time 35min!

Thanks again :)

opalhort

• Like 1

Thanks allane for your info.

Yes I did a google map search but it was not 100% clear and of course no indication if a right turn is possible.

Destination: Sathorn Soi 13 (our son's school), coming from the Suksawat expressway entrance.

Yesterday my wife took our son there, exit at Sathupradit Rd and then up the new Naratiwat Ratcha Nakarin Rd, but traffic was very bad at the Sathorn junction and it took 1hr15min.

Your reply came in this morning just after my wife and son left again for the same destination, called her and she followed your advise. Total trip time 35min!

Thanks again :)

opalhort

Be advised you can't go into Sathorn 13 after 3pm. Its one-way then. You only can access it from Sathorn 11 and during that time it is a traffic nightmare...

Be advised you can't go into Sathorn 13 after 3pm. Its one-way then. You only can access it from Sathorn 11 and during that time it is a traffic nightmare...

Yes we are aware of the one-way rules and the times they apply.

I'll never understand why the ACC (Assumption Commercial College) had the idea to locate the school in such a congested area with only very narrow sois leading to it. What if there is an emergency?

opalhort

• 9 years later...

I am driving north from Koh Samui to Sisaket and wish to get on the Bangkok expressway towards SARABURI .I have used HWY 9 once before but it was very busy someone suggested that i use the express way. Is it much further on than HWY 9. I expect to arrive at Samut Sakon  somewhere around midnight on Sunday.22nd SEPT. Are there any difficulties with this. I would appreciate some advice here as i will be travelling alone and feeling a little nervous driving across Bangkok. Thanking for any help.

8 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

THANKS !  this is very encouraging, just what i need , stupid !

I gather you have been fortunate to never have been almost taken out by:

a car from this Left road

image.jpeg.be7d714414dcfec50e42879e274fec7d.jpeg                ignoring all Right Turn cars coming up from this road

- because they demand they have Right of Way, because they are driving through roundabout,  in a straight line... 

Edited by tifino

19 hours ago, tifino said:

I gather you have been fortunate to never have been almost taken out by:

a car from this Left road

image.jpeg.be7d714414dcfec50e42879e274fec7d.jpeg                ignoring all Right Turn cars coming up from this road

- because they demand they have Right of Way, because they are driving through roundabout,  in a straight line... 

Advice.  Always be alert !

• Like 1