Problem With Map On Zumo

saorsa

I got myself a Zumo and tested it today with a trip from my house at Sukhumvit. I said I dont want toll roads, but everytime I came to the junction at sukhumvit (Bang Na dsort of way I guess) that has a turn off for Rama 2, it tried to send me to Rama 2 toll road. In the end, I gave up on Hua Hin and selected Pattaya instead and it tried to send me to the toll motorway off Srinagarin. I turned the <deleted> off and went the way I knew in the end. I nearly threw it at a toll road sign I was so pissed off by then.

Has anyone else had the same problems with Garmin maps?

I assumed it was the latest...bought the zumo at gadget trend a week ago and connected it to the web and told it to update itself. How do i check version?

it has got nothing to do with the zumo itself but with the map. if on the map toll roads are not marked the zumo will of course not recognise them as such. there are more functionalities that are not supported by the thailand map, but in general it is quite good. (i owe one also with a full thailand map and have been driving with it all around the country). Only negative i find is the short battery life of the zumo (3-5 hours depending on how bright you put the display)

That is not true with the maps.

With my Garmin GPSMap 60Cx I never have a problem with the tollroads, my friend who has a Zumo always have problems and always follows me when in tollroad areas as he gets thrown off all the time. Why can the 60Cx understand the map while the Zumo cannot?

There were hiccups on the V8.0 but again never had problems with tollroads only problems of telling me the road I was on was not there.

So no my GPS has not any problems with it, but my friends Zumo does.

I just checked and I have TSM 9.0 map.

I have emailed Garmin to complain that they sold me a very expensive paperweight if it cant be made to avoid tollroads in thailand. WIll see what they come back with and post any response here.

Edited by saorsa

I have emailed Garmin to complain that they sold me a very expensive paperweight if it cant be made to avoid tollroads in thailand. WIll see what they come back with and post any response here.

Well, the good news is that Bangkok is the only place in Thailand that has bike restricted roads, and really, there aren't that many so it shouldn't take you too long to figure out which ones to avoid. Which Zumo do you have? I read somewhere that the Zumo 550 has had technical problems from day one. Might want to check this site to see if anyone else has reported similar problems and possible solutions: http://www.zumoforums.com/

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi

Im using Zumo 550 and have V9 maps, no problems in BKK and toll roads,,So can i ask few questions?

What Zumo you had? also from vehickle menu what you have selected in there?

also when you ticked off NO toll roads, did you see all 3 times that toll roads where ticked off as it should save those every time you come back to that menu.

just wanna do some problem solving...

I have an old Zumo 400 mounted on my Scooter. Using the latest TSM 9.0 map.

Under settings "Avoidance" I check 'Highways', 'Tollroads' and unpaved Roads. With this setting I have no problems with tollroads.

However some bridges are also off limits for bikes. Here it guides me always over the nearest. If I see Thais using them, I go too...

Btw. the Zumo is always fully charged by connecting it to the bikes battery.

Helmut

Hi guys,

I have a zumo 550. V9 maps. I bought it at gadgetrend thonglor just a week ago (checked my mate buying one in holland for me and taking it to russia where I am working, but the price difference wasnt worth it after factoring changing the map and peace of mind for taking it back to place i bought it if problems).

When i go back in to check, it still has 'no toll roads' with an x. I left autobahn and highways unchecked.

cheers

jamie

When i go back in to check, it still has 'no toll roads' with an x. I left autobahn and highways unchecked.

'Toll road' is not listed. You must check 'autobahn' and 'highways' (to avoid Toll roads)

But wouldnt that avoid ALL highways ??

My 60csx has toll roads in there but not having riden through BKK much I never tested it. I dont think I spotted the unpaved roads either which would be good as garmin has tried to send me down some goat trails before.

'Toll road' is not listed. You must check 'autobahn' and 'highways' (to avoid Toll roads)

Toll roads is listed. You have toll roads, autobahns and highways. If I got rid of highways, it would send me all over the place I think.