30 Day On Arrival Visa

Hi,

I'm probably worrying about nothing but if someone can confirm for me then it would put my mind at ease.

I normally get a visa from the Thai consulate in UK before i visit but this time it is short notice so i dont have time to sort a visa out.

As i understand it i will get a 30 day visa on arrival. My question is do i just go up to the immigration desk as normal (when i already have a visa) or do i have to go somewhere first to sort out the visa.

Thanks

It is not a visa - it is a visa exempt entry for 30 days. And no; you are not expected to notify police - but the owner of the place you are staying is required to report your presence to Immigration Police. If a hotel it will be done (or not) from check in informatikon. If a private home it will probably not get done.

one thing i don't understand is....

If you do a visa run via road, why do you only get 15 days as opposed to a flight in / out????

Travelling by road means you're poor? Travelling by plane means you have money????

what's the catch here?

Because that is what the latest Police Order says and the reason for this is that the Thai Government is trying to crack down on people who stay in the country abusing the rules and work here illegally. Further more, using land crossings the maximum number of back-to-back entries is limited to four while there is no limit when flying in.

Prior to this rule there were a time stamp and within that period one were only approved to stay here a limited number of days if entered on visa exempt.

"Further more, using land crossings the maximum number of back-to-back entries is limited to four while there is no limit when flying in."

I don't think that has been confirmed yet, has it?

Not that I have heard of. But at 4 entries your details will be notified to BKK for investigation.

Hi,

I'm probably worrying about nothing but if someone can confirm for me then it would put my mind at ease.

I normally get a visa from the Thai consulate in UK before i visit but this time it is short notice so i dont have time to sort a visa out.

As i understand it i will get a 30 day visa on arrival. My question is do i just go up to the immigration desk as normal (when i already have a visa) or do i have to go somewhere first to sort out the visa.

Thanks

As you are going visa exempt route, you must have a return ticket out of the country within 30 days or airline may not let you fly.