Major Forum Upgrade On Sep 23 From 23.00 Bangkok Time)

george

We will be doing a major forum upgrade from approximately 11pm (23:00) Bangkok time on September the 23rd to 4am on the 24th.

The forum will be unavailable during this time, all other services will remain operational during this time, but some response time issues may be experienced during the upgrade.

Sorry for any inconvenience, we hope the ride won't be too bumpy.

But the good news is that forum functions and response times will be significantly improved by this upgrade.

/Thaivisa Admin team

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Classifieds has just posted a new topic entitled "Ninja 250r black 4,000 km" in forum "Free classifieds - For sale/for rent/wanted".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent condition. oil/computer diagnostics at 1,000 and 4,000 km. price is firm. 125,000

View the full ad

http://www.thaivisa.com/testforum/index.php?showtopic=299875

I get "access denied"

Some ads work, some don't. "testforum" ???

I hope it was just a case of bugs and me being in an unfamiliar environment but the upgrade was horrible. Slow, ugly and confusing.

Don't get me wrong, I think change and improvement are a good thing, but I was just relieved to come back now and find the old familiar forum back in place.

Due to a problem experienced with the consistency of the database after the conversion was done by the US company who was engaged perform the part of the upgrade, we have had to revert to the previous version and will inform everybody when the upgrade is ready to proceed again.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the roll back to the previous version.

Rgds

Bazmlb

Forum was acting very strange after the upgrade. I kept getting signed in as other members. And I found a post that I did not do, which was since deleted. I reported it here but my posts immediately disappeared! Maybe victims of the upgrade attempt. Once I was able to sign in as myself again, I PMed and emailed george and support but thus far have had no acknowledgment they got my messages about the problems I was having. I'm sure they were very busy, but disappointing that they can't acknowledge whether they are aware of the specific problems I was having, considering the fact that I was able to read 3 other members PM's for several minutes. If this post disappears as well then I know they are deleting them.

Edited by Scubabuddha

Forum was acting very strange after the upgrade. I kept getting signed in as other members. And I found a post that I did not do, which was since deleted. I reported it here but my posts immediately disappeared! Maybe victims of the upgrade attempt. Once I was able to sign in as myself again, I PMed and emailed george and support but thus far have had no acknowledgment they got my messages about the problems I was having. I'm sure they were very busy, but disappointing that they can't acknowledge whether they are aware of the specific problems I was having, considering the fact that I was able to read 3 other members PM's for several minutes. If this post disappears as well then I know they are deleting them.

I kept getting signed in as another member also.

I kept getting signed in as other members.

Same here.

Didn't like the new look at all, there was waaaaaay too much wasted space. Very inefficient design. The main forum index was particularly hideous, an obnoxious side bar took up 1/3 of the screen. I hope if they change to a new design again it will be one that feels less bloaty.

I kept getting signed in as other members.

Same here.

Didn't like the new look at all, there was waaaaaay too much wasted space. Very inefficient design. The main forum index was particularly hideous, an obnoxious side bar took up 1/3 of the screen. I hope if they change to a new design again it will be one that feels less bloaty.

At one stage I was signed in as George..... coulda had some fun....... :):D 'twas tempting!

Due to a problem experienced with the consistency of the database after the conversion was done by the US company who was engaged perform the part of the upgrade, we have had to revert to the previous version and will inform everybody when the upgrade is ready to proceed again.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the roll back to the previous version.

Rgds

Bazmlb

You should listen to your users. It wasn't an inconvenience to roll back to the previous version, it was a blessing.

Glad to see the old style back. For me its more user-friendly and easy to navigate. Thats not just because im used to this one, i use other style forums also. Upgrading elements would be great, but for me such a dramatic change was hard to digest. But, appreciate the work that went into looking into new improvements!