Entry Into Indonesia

I'll have a group of 5 or 6 people going to Jakarta for two days in November, just to visit some schools there. They will be on Thai, Australian and UK passports. We'll be arriving by air from Saigon and departing from Jakarta by air for BKK.

As I understand:

1. Thai passport holders do not require a visa for Indonesia.

2. UK and Australian passport holders can get a 14-day visa on arrival.

3. There is no need to submit any documents to the Indonesian Embassy in Bangkok prior to arrival in Jakarta.

Is this correct?

For a very short business trip of this kind is it necessary to have a letter of invitation from the hosts?

Advice is much appreciated. (I've been given advice by our man in Singapore, but the Indonesian Embassy website in Bangkok seems to be different.)

Xangsamhua

Been in Indonesia a couple of times, always with a visa on arrival. Make sure you have small bank notes in USD to pay the fee. A business visa on arrival was also available, not sure of the fee anymore. No documents needed but not applicable to citizens from every country.

I'll have a group of 5 or 6 people going to Jakarta for two days in November, just to visit some schools there. They will be on Thai, Australian and UK passports. We'll be arriving by air from Saigon and departing from Jakarta by air for BKK.

As I understand:

1. Thai passport holders do not require a visa for Indonesia.

2. UK and Australian passport holders can get a 14-day visa on arrival.

3. There is no need to submit any documents to the Indonesian Embassy in Bangkok prior to arrival in Jakarta.

Is this correct?

For a very short business trip of this kind is it necessary to have a letter of invitation from the hosts?

Advice is much appreciated. (I've been given advice by our man in Singapore, but the Indonesian Embassy website in Bangkok seems to be different.)

Xangsamhua

Thai national - no problem 30 days visa waiver - be warned at times, Thai nationals can get the run around with immigration, and the standard scam is trying to get a Thai nationals to pay for a visa, my advice let the Thai national go through first, you stand behind, and if any hassles...you intervene, We had 3 cases of our Thai nationals being hit up for US$ 25 for 30 day visa's this year alone...

With all due repsect to the other posters, there is no 14 day VOA for British or Aussie passport holders - your choice of VOA's - 7 days for US$ 10 or 30 days for US$ 25.

You also have to be careful with the definition of business, as you VOA will be stamped...not permitted to work, chances of getting caught..like Thailand pretty slim...if asked say its a business conference/workshop..but dont say you are "working"

hope this helps