Reputable English Schools Bkk

azza09

It might be helpful to post a little more information. Are you looking at working there? Sending someone to study there? etc.

Hi Scott

Not for me' for my gf after her daytime working hrs, i've looked at WSI web-site but its a bit vague' just trying to get someones experience of the place.

Thanks..

I know quite a few thai gurls who've had their significant others pay for the Wall Street 'unlimited' lessons a year deal they offer from time to time.

It IS definitely a good school, but... If your g/f does not have adequate motivation to learn (as opposed to coasting thru the engrish classes like they do in a thai school), she'll wash out after a few lessons and tell you the school was "mai-sanook" (not fun).

The people I've seen come out of Wall Street after completing so many levels are definitely head and shoulders above most thais in their command of the english language. They also have lost the extreme reticence thais exhibit in actually speaking english around foreigners.

You could always send her to AUA as they have a well known, if little talked about english program.

Another school I recommend you check out is the guy who has the television program on Friday nites at 9:30. He's half thai, half english, and his show is called Chris Delivery. His real name is Christopher Wright and he has a school whose catch phrase is something like "Learn English the Wright Way". His foreign teachers can all speak thai quite fluently. It can facilitate learning english especially if a student’s grasp of the english language is not sufficient as they can still ask their question. They rely less and less on thai as the lessons progress. It is a real "looker" of a school, much like Wall Street in that regard.

Neither school is cheap, but the “bang for the baht” you get is far superior to many of the budget schools out there.

As I said earlier, it is going to hinge totally on her motivation to learn.

Good Luck...

Ahh great' thanks for the tipps fellas' sounds ok huh' Hav'nt reviewed the prices yet though :)

She is motivated and moving along nicely with her english' has been looking at a few places but has her heart set on WSI for various reasons suited to her.

Manythanks..T