Visa Rule Of The Day

A friend from UK wants to visiy me in LOSfor about 2 month.

I assume he will be eligible for a 30 day visa on 1 st arrival. We do want to travel to Laos (about 2 weeks) and return to Thailand -visa on arrival again . Then a visit to Cambodia -return to Thailand -visa on arrival OK???

That would be 3 visas on arrival within a 2 month period. Will that be ok ??

As LB says, your friend may not be allowed on the flight without an airline ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival. If that is a problem with your friend's travel plans, he can apply for a single entry tourist visa at thai embassy/consulate in his country. They are currently free until 4th March 2010. For subsequent travel into Thailand from within the region your friend can use 30 day 'visa exempt' stamp on arrival (it is not a visa). There is no restriction on the number of entries.

Go To to where every UKites go in the UK and get a visa from the Embo! No problem??????

What? Sorry, I don't quite understand what you are saying.

If by Embo, you mean Embassy, I would not advise anybody to apply for a visa at the Thai Embassy in the UK. It is not very friendly to visa applicants.

Postal application to the consulate in Hull has always been and probably always will be the best way.

Note Tourist Visas are free, but there is a processing charge.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

I think it's about 16 pounds per entry.

OP

If your friend has no hard and fast plans, it may be better for him to get a double or triple entry tourist visa. At least with a tourist visa, the airline will allow him on the plane. Also if plans change, he won't end up having to do a rushed and inconvenient border run. With the tourist visa, every entry into Thailand by land or air will give him 60 days permission to stay.

It may even be worth his while considering getting a 1 year multi entry "O" visa. That way, if he decides to return within a short time (as many do), he will already have the visa :)