Seeking Hawaladar In Chiangmai

Oneman

I am seeking to find a local hawaladar in Chiangmai.

Want to send money to a Thai lady in Singapore, without the "red tape" of, say, Western Union.

There must be hawaladars in Chiangmai, but I don't know where to start looking.

If anyone can personally recommend, a private message or email would be best.

On the other hand, if any bad experiences or warnings, I hope you will post about that on this thread.

I'm not looking for suggestions about any other money transfer services.

I already know about MoneyBookers and such like.

It is specifically a hawaladar that I am seeking.

Thank you.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

Edited by Oneman

Don't think using a hawala system is a good idea in this neck of the woods, especially when a farang is involved and particularly in light of terrorist activities of today. Reckon you'd even be better off posting it over that method unless it were Taksin suitcase proportions. All the best :)

Don't think using a hawala system is a good idea in this neck of the woods, especially when a farang is involved and particularly in light of terrorist activities of today.

While I always appreciate someone trying to be helpful, obviously it was a mistake to ask for "warnings".

I hope this topic will not go off track in that direction.

What I am looking for is simply to find a hawaladar in Chiangmai.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

Edited by Oneman

There's one that sends money to Burma on ChangPuek somewhere. I don't know if their network includes Singapore. I'd have to ask my worker when I see him exactly where it is.

You might check with the Chinese moneychanger working out of the bee products shop in the soi adjacent to the Royal Lanna Hotel. I've changed money there often and I notice she frequently gets phone calls to send various amounts of various currencies here and there. Good Luck.

There's one that sends money to Burma on ChangPuek somewhere. I don't know if their network includes Singapore. I'd have to ask my worker when I see him exactly where it is.

Thank you, LB -

The ChangPeuk location makes perfect sense for this sort of service, given the ethnic neighborhood (which shall go un-mentioned).

You might check with the Chinese moneychanger working out of the bee products shop in the soi adjacent to the Royal Lanna Hotel.

Good idea, and worth checking into that.

Maybe there is a Chinese version of hawala, and, if so, that would fit neatly into Singapore.

I am still looking for a conventional hawaladar, so if anyone has a contact in Chiangmai, I hope you'll send me an email or private message.

Thank you.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai